squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Those of you that work (I guess I should say...you adults that are going to read this) will appreciate this. :confused:

I have this feeling of complete and utter dread for the next upcoming week and a half. My accounting office closes the previous month on the second day of each month. Since I'm in purchasing/material control, my work has to be done before accounting can do their work. I feel like the pressure is on and my head is going to explode before I leave for Dirtweek. :( Granted, once I'm there I will be far from thinking about building barges, purchase orders, and receiving pieces of steel.

Does anyone else feel like the pressure is on before they go away for a week??? I'm just curious to see how everyone else copes with pre-Dirtweek, I've gotta get my work done so I don't lose my job stress...

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
I hear you. My job for the last six months has been very slow and laid back. The last two days has gone totally insane. I have little fires and huge blazes going everywhere. :scream: :flame: But come Sunday September 28 I am going to be in the vacation mode in Oklahoma(edited by moderatorsrkxr and nothing is going to bother me before or during that period. :)

B

biglou

Yep, I've been busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest the last two weeks. It was the same last year, coincidentally. I can still remember walking out the door that Friday before DW, giggling like an idiot, thinking how it was going to be 10 days until I had to be back! It'll probably happen again this year, too! :thumb:

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I feel your pain. I will be stressing this year, as I freelance and can't just walk away from work for 8 days. I will have to find some way to check my e-mail and keep my projects up to date. I havn't figured it out yet... but it's a big concern of mine.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I don't even want to think about work next week. It will be hell :p
I'll have to work late to get everthing caught up before I leave and work late the week I get back to catch up. :whiner: I'm just so looking forward to DW that they can take this job and shove it. :moon: At least for a week :confused:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Last year I was making last minute deals on the phone while hanging out at Camp Tejas....I got the job I was bidding from Cooperland last year!
( it was a miricle my cell worked there )

This year I am working on the largest project of my life, and will be hard at it until I leave for OK. I will probably still be wheeling and dealing on the cell while begging for scrap meat from TxBigguys grill! :)

I've got a new phone service this year (Nextel) I sure hope it works there....on second thought, maybe it's best if it doesn't work at all! I could relax more.

There is nothing more satisfying that reciept of a big ole purchase order just before a moto though! :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Same boat as everyone else. We have our 3rd Quarter Fiscal close on the 27th. I need to be at $724K in sales by then. Dont look like i'll make it but it'll be close. I need 34K delivered for next week. Wonder if i can have a $10K drop of cookies and crackers delivered to Cooperland? That'll help me hit my number. :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I am taking over the business where I work on October 1st, so there is lots to do before that which is why my week at Dirtweek has been cut to 1/2 week :whiner:   But I am determined to get everything together so that the transfer goes smoothly, and then I can enjoy the rest of the week.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
It's so good to know that I'm not the only one that's driving myself insane before the big week!

Not to whine or anything but now I just had a $3.5 million reconciliation on an 80,000 bbl fuel oil barge that's been gone since May thrown at me. Oh boy oh boy...who here's an accountant? I could sure use the help! :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
This whole month of September has been a lesson in organization for me!  I want to go away to Dirtweek completely without worry and this month I have been away on company travel or otherwise for 14 whole days!!  That means my workload must be up to snuff before I bail for DW or it will just come back to haunt me!!

I've really had to sit down and prioritize and put in some longer hours.  DIRTWEEK MUST NOT BE COMPROMISED!!!!!:flame:

Top Bottom