World Record for Bruises

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
When I decided to take up Trials I thought that I would not come home with as many bruises but boy was I wrong. This weekend I competed in my first National trial in Texas. I got there 3 days early so that I could learn how to ride my new Gas Gas Pro (This bike is 20 lbs lighter than my 2000 GG and has a newly designed clutch.) I rode for 3 days and got a good cut on my arm as well as a bruise. Then on Saturday I started racking them up fast. On Saturday we had a DOWN POOR! It reminded me of day 3 in France last year. I am new at trials this year so I have a lot to learn. Now I was out trying to compete at the National level in some serious mud, water and BIG obstacles that I have not tried dry. Oh and did I mention that I didn't take my contacts so my glasses were so muddy I could not wear them so now I had no depth perception. We rode 13 sections 3 times with a loop in between the sections. I was going to finish at all costs and I did. The only way to get up some of the sections was to sit on the seat and for those of you who have seen a trials bike they don't have seats, therefore my butt has bruises. Then I burnt my leg on the header pipe about 4 times. I have never ridden is such slick stuff trying to go over big rock and then down steep hills. Sunday it dried out and it was much easier to ride but that didn't stop me from getting more bruises. Actually I am not sure that I got too many on Sunday except I smashed my left pinky on a tree and later decided I should bruise the other 3 fingers next to it so I smashed them too! There is another new girl to trials named Lacy who is an excellent Hare Scramble rider and we were joking about how many more bruises we get doing trials than enduro and Hare Scramble. She said she stopped counting when she got to 20. I have 3 HUGE ones on my right arm, 4 on my left hand and 1 on my left elbow. Too many to count on my butt, one on my right hamstring and one on my left shin. 2 on my stomach and 4 on my hips. Yep that sets the record I think. Trials is great. Let me know if anyone ever wants to try it.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Nicole, are you really Linda Carter and you're just not telling us about your former life as Wonder Woman??

And Trials?? Well, let's see now...hhmmmm Trials..or...guest appearance on JackAss. Trials.....or...JackAss...Hmmmmmmmm. Not sure where I'd get the most bruises........

Is it true they took my favorite show of all time (Jack Ass, not Wonder Woman reruns..) off the air? I'm kind of out of the loop on TV, I work too much to keep up. Johnny Knoxville, say it isn't so!!

Nicole, PLEASE bring Trials pics to Oregon with you!! I would really like to get a look at all your mayhem-ish activities. Maybe you can demonstrate for us??

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Trials?? But you don't ride fast enough to get bruised! ;)
Kidding, kidding. I know better! I swear all of my worst bruises have been from stupid low-speed tip overs or crashes... :think:

Hmm. I've been doing pretty well in the bruise collection. Dave always comments that all I need to do is wear my riding gear, and I'll get a bruise!
The worst ones are the softball-sized rainbow-hued monsters that I invariably get on my thighs--right where the knee protection ends. :|

Dave's been threatening to get a trials bike. Well, I guess if I don't get enough bruises riding my KTM, I can always switch to trials! :confused:

Leapin Lisa

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 30, 2001
I'll take colorful bruises anyday over broken bones. :confused:

Glad to hear you were able to complete the loops with both the challenging weather AND terrain.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…