Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
I have a chance to pick up a 1999 CR125 in trade for helping out the owner with some work on his car. It is bone stock and looks pretty clean for the age. It will be ridden by my 15 yr old grandson. He is a great rider but grew up on 4 strokes riding mostly single track with a little desert thrown in here in Calif. Could this year Honda be made into a decent trail blaster? The price is good so can afford to add flywheel weight, suspension work and cylinder porting if the end product will work. Thanks in advance.

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
If he's a great rider you don't have any reason to worry :)

He just need to get used to not lugging, half throttle is about where 2 stroke 125 are happy.

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
"yeah a really good rider can ride a pipey 125 in the woods but its not as fun as riding something with a wider powerband and the whole point in riding is to have fun." Thanks Jaguar... going to plan 'B 1/2'

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
Don't worry the 125cc 2 stroke mx bikes are fun when riding on the pipe.

I still remember my first 2 stroke RM125 1995 and it was the best bike but I have to change piston each 10 hours. I run the on the pipe as I love it. Cost me some time to do the same with my 250cc mx bikes now but it is fun.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom