Worthless parents!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Just found this picture of a worthless parent, is is that a worthless picture of this parent :p ;)

got the pic from http://www.patmanracing.com/ - would the real patman please step forward ! :confused:

Attachments

• patztik.jpg
    patztik.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Patman I too was in TaeKwanDo, I started when I was about 8 and went till I was 14. It was really great at the time and I showed great potential as well. I use to do demo's for my club to other clubs or just expo etc...
I loved it at the time but as I got in the teens it just ran out for me, And I was in love with it, I read the mags, watched the movies, trained 4 days a week, and on and on.
It was a family affair for us and once one grew tired we all fell out of it, it had to do with school, other activities ... anyways the point is, It is one sport where you can tired of it in a short span of time.
If your kid wants to stay he will let you know, if he grows tired I HOPE he will tell you, I never had the guts, I was affraid I would let my instructor and my family down, so I kept my mouth shut

PS, f.y.i, In 1992 I was the provincial champion in ultra-weight, in 1993 I was second in ????, in 1994 I was regional champ, I won many medals over the years but those three were the best because it was out of everyone, I stll cherish the medals and the memories and I still thank my parents for getting me involved, I still feel I have the dicispline and strength that it tought me, you aint such a bad dad :D

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
My girls are just getting at that age where they want to try different sports. I signed my youngest up for a city run soccer class and I was about going crazy watching these kids just spaz out and the coach or parents not do a thing! I took her out of class a couple times because it was so bad I came close to yelling at the other kids:mad: They did have one coach that kept them in line and it worked , but they kept switching coaches and the others were complete wusses.
Just signed my older one up for Track w/ the Police Youth club, should be alot better I hope.
Been trying to talk them into Tae Kwon Do but they're not into it :(
Hopefully I'm going to get back into it so they can see how fun it is and maybe they'll join up, I really think with a good teacher Martial Arts is one of the best sports they could do.

chopair

Nov 23, 2001
My wife takes the kids to Karate 2 to 3 times a week. (My daughter is 9 and my son 14. ) I ride with my son about 4 to 8 hours a week. I ride a couple hours a week with my wife and daughter.
I am not sure it gets any better than this. Well, maybe if I could keep up with my son...

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Don't know if I'm worthless Pat, but I heck as sure know I ain't worth much ;) after paying all the bills, utilities, cars, bike house, cards etc ...... I definitely ain't worth much ! :eek: :confused:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
BB that pic is Patman North. I know what ya' mean about the bills :ugg:

Last night the assistant coach was a no show along with his kid. Didn't call the coach to let him know or anything :mad: . So I was an assistant coach, sure is a pain to try and control the ball with boots. We did finally locate the missing kid who's parent never returned the coach's 6 phone calls. "Oh, gee that's not the right phone number." Well is this your handwritting on the form? "Yes.":confused: The coach finally got a hold of them by going through the youth leagues office to obtain emergency phone numbers and called the wife's office.

On a sad note I was a bad dad last night and got upset over a serious lack of common sense while doing homework :whiner: Turns out I was being "tested" and I'm pretty sure that button won't get pushed again. It's all good this morning though.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by CanadianRidr
PS, f.y.i, In 1992 I was the provincial champion in ultra-weight, in 1993 I was second in ????, in 1994 I was regional champ,

Hey Ridr, wanna fight, eh?:)j/k
Elk

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Hey Ridr, wanna fight, eh?j/k
Fine but I will have sasquatch as my back up:confused:
I was pretty young back in those days, and I have not lost ALL my skills but patterns and a true technique are fading:(
That's what dirtbiking does to yah:aj:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Oh yeah, well we have Bigfoot down here and I might even bring along the Chubacabura! Dirt biking has given me the gift to see 6 ft. crows!:)
Elk

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Bigfoot's got nothing on Sasquatch:confused:
But a Chubacabura???:scream: If I can't even say the name is has to be big, Im out, no deal;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
That's alright, I can't spell worth a poop and I don't think that word is in the spell checker anyway. You don't have to worry, he only drinks goat blood!:scream:
Elk

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Patman
On a sad note I was a bad dad last night and got upset over a serious lack of common sense while doing homework :whiner: Turns out I was being "tested" and I'm pretty sure that button won't get pushed again. It's all good this morning though.
Patman OH YES YOU WILL BE TESTED AGAIN or Brandon isn't normal.;)
I see alot of Eric and myself in you and Brandon. We do everything we can and like typical kids they test (that is their part time job- just wait til he is a teenager) they expect us to be consistent in what we say and what we do. I guess I'd be worried if Eric stopped testing me. As to the homework angle it must be something in the wind because I got a call from a teacher today also:mad:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The saga continues. The assistant coach & his kid blew off practice Thursday because it was too cold. Well today it was 26 degrees (F) and we had just enough kids to play with no subs because he was a no show again. Looks like I'll have to take to the director of coaching about replacing this loser and seeing if we can bring another kid in so we have 10 like the other teams.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
If your son likes to play soccer...get him on a team...a challenge or select team! The only people who are in the challenge/select teams love soccer/are good at it/ and commit to showing up on time.

We had the same trouble with that last year until we switched my little brother to a challenge team. Challenge teams are much better coached, and its alot more exciting too.

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Not sure how it is in Patman's part of the Republic, err state, but in North Texas your kid has to be old enough to play U-11 in order to play Select Soccer.

We were "Iced Out" today!:scream:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yeah we have to be U11 to play select. He's attending "Academy" which is like prep school for select soccer. It gives the kids a better prectice than the rec practice and you can really tell the kids that attend vs. the ones that don't in the rec league games. I think we'll get tthe coaching issue resolved pretty quick, the current coach and I see eye to eye on stuff so it could be a good combination. They did win yesterday which I actually found suprising because they played about 4 times better than they practiced except for my kid who cratered because he was too cold (can't blame him I was pretty froze myself).

Top Bottom