b3000boy

Apr 11, 2010
I feel like I should stop by the Welcome board, it's been over a year since I've been here. Anyway, I've come to ask some advice about picking out a new bike.

Craigslist Ad said:
I'm selling my 98 KX125, obviously. $1,500 OBO, around $2,200 invested
Its got a list of stuff done in the last few months and has about an hour on it (carb adjustments mostly)
list of what i can remember:
+ NEW PIPE not pictured, its a custom FMF fatty and Pro Circuit combo
+ FAT handle bars/ risers/ & grips
+ Refreshed suspension ( Bob's Cycle) <---- THE BEST AROUND
+ UFO plastic kit ( OE colors)
+ Bad Boy Energy graphics by Enjoy Ltd. ( Thick & sticky)
+ All new seals/ bearings/ & bushings all around!
+ Wiseco top end kit ( stock bore/ stroke)
+ Works Connection frame guards
+ Pro Circuit Shorty silence rePACKED with FMF performance)
+ OEM case saver (chain guard)
+ Black gripper seat (generic but works and looks good) ( NOT pictured)
+ OE D.I.D. rims ( :) )
+ Blood/ sweat/ & tears
+ other things like hardware and new OE bolts ( OE is stronger)

= also will throw in a BLUE JONE'S AFS size L HELMET FO FREEEEEE!

For some reason I can't post pictures...

Price is $1500 OBO, which seems all right, but I don't know for sure. Thought I'd have it checked out by you guys first and see what you say first.

Off-topic, but does anyone know how to change a username, I sold the vehicle that inspired my username and would like to change it.

b3000boy

Apr 11, 2010
(Off-Topic) Sorry about not writing back in a while.

I've been doing some research and the $1000 price range seems about right for a 125 in my area, but I didn't know if the parts on here were something special.

Dirtjunkie85

Mar 2, 2010
People like to think that putting a bunch of aftermarket stuff on a bike will raise the value of it. That's not necessarily true, you might be lucky and get a little more money because of it. But when it comes down to it if you can buy a stock bike in good shape for a little less compared to a bike with a bunch of after market parts and has been abused that costs more the better choice is going to be the stock bike for sure. Other people might feel definitely but my opinion is you can't go wrong with a stock bike, because any after market you put on you know where it's been and what kind of abuse it's taken. Like I said that's just my opinion.

b3000boy

Apr 11, 2010
Ok, I've also found a mostly stock '95 YZ125 also in my area and he wants about 800. All he says it needs is new chain/sprocket. Is that enough of a bargaining chip to get into the 650ish range? Because the way I see it the less I spend on the bike the more I can use to tweak it and make it mine.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom