Would you ride here? What do you think?

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
You know who owns the place?
Talk to the owner & see if he/she's keen for you to keep using it after a group of you clean it up. Get a local shop to supply rubbish bags for people to take their trash home after they've been there.
Do something about it if you can, don't just bitch that others don't care.
If the owner's not receptive, it's been worth a shot. The best idea is to give a **** while the land's open & keep the landowner happy.
Just see if you can do something.
Good luck & let us know how it goes - it look awesome :)
(disclaimer: this post is made with the limited information supplied lol - but seriously, see what you can do).
Michelle

ML536

Dec 1, 2001
Thanks for the pictures. I live south of Pittsburgh, but used to go to Hillsville every now and again. It was a long ride, but well worth it. On weekends, there would be so many riders that sometimes a guy would bring a step van and sell parts.

Haven't been there for a few years since it closed. Its a shame people abused it.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I'd ride just about anywhere I could get my bike and believe that I wouldn't get killed.

Where abouts is Hillsville? Where abouts is Dirtman?

Dirtman500

Jan 8, 2004
Hillsville, Pa is about 15 minuets east of Poland Ohio on Rt. 224
700 acres. Landowner issues are liability and trash. Already spoke with an Attorney on issues. Liability is the major issue! How would you feel if you owned such land and a few people have already been killed there. Granted accidents are part of our sport but the laws aren't. MX park insurance is very expensive but the only way to go. We have talked with an attorney on legal issues. A waiver will not cover what people think. "You never sign away your rights". Attorney says it's possible but we need to draft a letter to send to our attorney so it can be rewritten and then sent to the landowner for a commitment. We are talking about alot of money to get the ball rolling so we need a commitment from the landowner to lease the land. 2 million is alot of money to purchase this type of land! Maybe a lease isn't out of the question if we can protect the landowner from any legal action in result of an accident. DM500

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I am fairly sure you could protect the landowner. If he were to incorporate himself and lease the land to your outfit and your outfit assumes all responsibility. He might be safe from personal lawsuits provided your outfit has enough insurance to cover any claims.

that place looks like it would be real fun, looks like you could easily set up a national caliber MX track there.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Never been there but i've heard alot about it and seen pictures of it on a quad site. Looks like a fun place.

Top Bottom