Wouldt't springs be good enough ?

DustDevil

Jan 17, 2001
I' 215 lbs and ride a 1998 rm 250 , I called the local suspension guru and he said, " new springs , new valves , new this , new that , $ 500 what a bargain " wouldn't heavier springs help considerably seeing haow I'm not exactly Ricky or Jeremy . What do y'all think .

Vester

Jan 22, 2000
Yes definetly! Getting stiffer springs will help alot. As a matter of fact, good suspension can be obtained through correct spring rates differnt oil heights and playing with the clickers. For the average joe schmoe that is. I would exhaust these measures before going with the revalve. That way if you ever decide to go with new valving you'll know exactly what you want.

Use Race Techs spring calculator on their website to find your correct spring rates.

------------------

Vester
96 RM250
"Let's see if an "A" rider tries it first.."

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
You will have to have the correct spring rates before you revalve anyway. I bet you will get the performance you need out of the springs alone.

rm burn

Dec 27, 2000
i must disagree, although having the correct spring weight is of utmost importance,the two should go hand in hand especially on the 98 rm 250! when i had my 98 revalved it took on a whole new personality,it went from a so so ride to my alltime favorite bike, huge difference!!! no more fighting the bike, just sweet smooth compliant suspension, totally increases the fun factor and thats what its all about!! go for it , you will never regret it.

Top Bottom