cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
I cannot belive I just found this. Maybe I will see some of you around on the trails this year. Are any of you in the CCC? Just curious because I just mailed my membership yesterday. Anyways I just wanted to say hi.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
HI

Christopher
Keep your eyes peeled to this forum for rides we will be getting together all season. We do small and larger groups and seems somebody's riding every weekend so you never have to ride alone. Yes, many members of the CCC here. We are organizing a get together at the Rites of Spring ride in Baldwin on May 4th and 5th. Maybe you can make that??
See ya
Fred T

spktm

Jun 5, 2000
Any Yoopers?

I would like to hook up with somebody who rides in the UP I am from there and have not ridden up there for a long time I bought a cabin up in baraga county and will be up there the end of july and part of august

Thanks
Spktm
01 300 exc
02 450f

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
I will be up here in Houghton untill the middle of may and then I will be down in Lapeer. I will return to Houghton in August.

Hiller

May 22, 2001
cweingartz, it sounds like you go to school there. My brother is going to Tech currently.

I plan on being in Houghton the week after July 4th for dirt and road riding. Can anyone recommend any "can't miss" trails within 100 miles (give or take) from Houghton.

Also, on a road bike side, are there any "can't miss" roads in that area?

Mike

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by Hiller

Also, on a road bike side, are there any "can't miss" roads in that area?

Mike

Boy there sure ares some cant miss roads in da UP/Keweenaw! I used to live in Ironwood and found tons of favorites between there and Copper Harbor. My definition of "must do roads" is based on curve density - I love the cornering - the twistier the better!

North from Houghton - up US41 or M26 super nice twisty stuff, particular favorite stretch of mine heading west from Copper Harbor on 26 - watch the sand on the roads - tons of off camber, decreasing radius blind curves hidden in a sudden dip in the road! Brockway Mountain Drive by Copper Harboris a blast to...almost to senic to enjoy the road as you spend your time goose necking the views and not focusing on the riding!

Going south from Houghton - M-26 to Ontagon...then over to the Porcupine Mountains...gotta do South Boundry Road - then head south to Wakefield across to Bessemer and north on Black River Road. Of course stop and see the view of Lake of the Clouds at end of M-107, see the water falls at the south west corner of the Porkies and all the water falls (7 big ones) along Black River road. Also along Black river road is the largest Sky Flying Jump in the US. I used to live on Black River Road - what a super area! I will warn you...the pavement on some of these roads used to be in fairly rough shape...not so bad as to ruin the experience though.

give me a while...i will come up with some more hot spots! I loved riding in that area!

Hiller

May 22, 2001
Thanks a ton, I'm printing this and geting my map out.
We had definatley planned on going up to Copper Harbor, and also to Lake in the Clouds, now I know which roads to take!

Curve density is my definition of a good road also!!!

Anyone know the best dirtbike spots?
Mike

Top Bottom