rodH

Aug 17, 2005
Ricky is freakin FAAAAAAAST. Impressive how quickly he closed on JBS. But bubby is flying to, and Reed looked pretty good as well. If Millsaps could get a little more experience, fitness, he could be a force next year.

apb

Feb 1, 2005
Yeah, its good to see some closer racing - the season hasn't been nearly as close as supercross, unfortunately, but this was a welcome change. I'm glad carmichael is alright, but I must admit, the little leprechuan did look pretty funny flailing in the air when he got tossed from his bike after his front wheel caught!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
apb said:
the little leprechuan did look pretty funny flailing in the air when he got tossed from his bike after his front wheel caught!

Very bad karma right there, dude. :ohmy:

Pingree: "James is faster than Ricky used to be." :)

:nod:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
would have been good to see how much longer Reed could have held on had he not gone down.

Otherwise good racing. Millsaps will be a force to be reckoned with if he can find a few more seconds later in the moto.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I have yet too see a race an Outdoor race on TV, i need Tivo!!

Yesterday, was traveling and i ran into a old friend of mine, he was at Washougal last week filming, said it was great, especially getting paid too be there.. Luuuuhhhhkey!! :ride:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
rickyd said:
I have yet too see a race an Outdoor race on TV, i need Tivo!!

Yesterday, was traveling and i ran into a old friend of mine, he was at Washougal last week filming, said it was great, especially getting paid too be there.. Luuuuhhhhkey!! :ride:
Yeah I started watching but thought I'd just go upstairs since it was 'recording' on my DVR and my son was coming last night to visit so we could watch it together. Son got here went down to watch and had a beuatiful blue screen recorded :yell: . I thought I had the line in problem figured out since I missed the race last week but the new equipment Directv brought now has me stumped :bang: . Gonna go down there today and get it sorted out since it is pouring out

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Two of the best motos I've ever seen, and one of the most amazing crashes. Ricky's lucky he didn't get badly hurt.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
I was screaming in moto #1. My wife even came out and watched for a little while. RC is a maniac! I love to see him push himself even though he doesn't need to win for the points. His get off scared the crap out of me, but I knew he was fine when I saw him scrambling for his bike before he was even done crashing.
I was actually pretty impressed with Reed after moto #1. He didn't even whine. Is this a new leaf?
Glad to see Stewart back in the saddle. He was flying too. I was amazed that he didn't check out with the lead he had in moto #2. It was incredible to see RC catch him like that.
Millsaps has those starts pegged. He will be incredible in another season or two.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I have a ton more respect for RC after that crash. He must have flown at least 20 feet down that hill and was getting up to grab his bike before it stopped moving. I hate that JS won that way.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I think a steering stabilizer may have prevented that crash.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I didn't mind seeing RC lose the race. When the racing's close, sometimes one guy has a better day than the other guy. I thought it was cool to see Chad going so well for so long. Wish he could have stayed up to make it a three-way race.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Someone said:
I have a ton more respect for RC after that crash. He must have flown at least 20 feet down that hill and was getting up to grab his bike before it stopped moving. I hate that JS won that way.

From the first camera angle when he jumped up and started running back, it looked almost like he was going to be just in time to get hit by the bikes last flip.

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
Vic said:
I think a steering stabilizer may have prevented that crash.

Interesting point, aren't some guys starting to use these in MX, or is this just in Japan. I love my Scotts, and am sure it gets me out of some bad situations.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Wow, RC was really fast...The way he was jumping all the way to the bottom on that downhill and just laying into that rut at the bottom was just crazy...I don't see how he was able to make that turn with such consistancy.
Stewart rode with some good consistancy...RC was a quite a bit faster though.

Reed was looking good too.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Someone said:
I have a ton more respect for RC after that crash.

The guy is the all-time leader in titles and wins.

He is the hardest working man in the business.

He proudly represents us in the MXdN.

Since going to charm school a few years ago, he gives good podium and is an excellent ambassador to the sport.

He has helped many riders, letting them train at his facility.

Win or lose, he gives props to his competition.

He has saved it from having a crash countless times.

He has crashed many times before, sometimes coming back to win.

I am glad you now have a ton more respect for RC, but what took you so long? RC earned that ton of respect a long long time ago.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Definitely the worst get off since STL SX earlier this year. I can't believe that he just stays on the throttle even when in situations like that. I'm twice his size and if I was in trouble on a 450 I wouldn't be thinking, "I'm gonna ride this out"...over a jump nonetheless. Amazing.

Glad I caught this race even if OLN can't get ANY of the titles right. I missed the first 12 minutes because the info was calling it Arenacross. They just need to get their shl+ together and start showing races the day after.

Micah

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
JMD said:
No sense jumping on the RC bandwagon too soon. The kid may just turn out to be a flash in the pan.

:rotfl:

It's all over for RC when Bubba shows up.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Yes the race was definitely the best of the season in my book. I only wished that JS was riding 100% in his form. Remember he's had a couple off and was just getting back in the saddle. Man I wish RC would can the semi-schedule for just-one-more-season. I must have replayed the crash over-n-over a dozen times. I say great - JS has lost a few due to crashes. Why can't he win because of one?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
yarbonwick said:
JS has lost a few due to crashes. Why can't he win because of one?

I agree. You're not supposed to crash- it's bad race strategy. :)

Top Bottom