awfulcanaful

Dec 28, 2006
Hey fellas, I've been riding since I was 4, I'm almost 40...just bought the boy an 07 cr125 for christmas. I let him ride it on th 25th but he only got about 15 mins. b4 it fouled the plug. i own an 88 cr250 bought new it done the same thing fouled plugs rite out of the bow I moved the clip up 1 click and it was fixed.. so when the 125 fouled the second plug I thought it was because the mix from the dealer was rich for break in purpose. I changed the gas and used motul brand ... dealer recommended mixed at 40:1 . yep still fouled the plug.I live in Va. so I'm at sea level w/ hi humidity and temp in the summer. when I rode it it seemed to foul the plug above half throttle,the boy said he thought it was almost at idle....I went to a 420 mainfrom a 430 now it runs good after 1/4 throttle but after 15sec idle if you zap the gas it stumbles loads up ....I've got the a/s out 3 turns I guess I'll go down to the next smaller slow jet....... any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks, Robert

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
125's are high revin bikes. ment to be kept high in revs. drop down to half or below half you will start fouling plugs.. trial and error is all i can recomend

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
If it isn't being opened up, you might try a hotter plug until he gets used to the bike. It will reach it's self cleaning temperature sooner thus reducing the carbon build-up. You might also try changing the pilot jet.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Wow....

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
When having issues I sugggests going to book settings. The 40:1 I'd question and agree thought be given to 30-32:1. The a/s I suspect is out to far, might consider going to 1.5 - 2 turns. When you use the 40:1 your factory set jetting is off and you'll need adj accordingly. Should the bike idle and bogg on a twist I suspect your back to the air screw...

Good Luck, happy for you and your son both... sounds like your in for a great season.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
MX86 said:
125's are high revin bikes. ment to be kept high in revs. drop down to half or below half you will start fouling plugs.. trial and error is all i can recomend

Not true. If it's properly jetted, you can bog a 125 around for extended periods and not foul a plug.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
If the 07 is like the 05,06(which i think it is)you need to drop at least 3 pilot jet sizes to get it to run correct.You should consider a BR8EV plug instead of the 9 as std as well.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
john stu said:
jet it and go back to 32 to 1 when you leaned out the oil (bad move for a reving 125 anyway) you richend the fuel mix.
Motul 800 is designed to work at 50:1 (source: http://www.motul.fr/uk/produits/index.html), if you switch to a petroleum based then you should consider 32:1, but for the Motul, 40:1 will be just fine.

To get to the page I referenced, you have to click the racing linke, then click on the motorcycle on the right. Choose 2-stroke on the left and a menu come up allowing you to choose the 800 off road.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Marcus!

YZ250....

Dec 29, 2006
when i got my 07 yz250 it did the same thing. i was mixing at 32 : 1 and now i run 40 : 1 and havnt fouled a plug yet. i went tro like 10 plugs before i figured out the proplem haha.

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
every bike comes Fat from the factory. that way they wont get sued for some shmuck blowing an engine up in leadville colorado

kiwijohn

Dec 22, 2004
Best bet is to read the jetting guide on this forum and do one change at a time to make sure you know what each change does to your engine.

And remember with every gulp of air/fuel/oil your engine takes before it ignites the mixture if there is less oil in your gas - say 40:1 as opposed to 32:1, then each gulp taken by the engine will have less oil, more fuel and the same amount of air. Therefore more gas = a RICHER mixture. It's the opposite of what you think happens.

The reason we have more or less oil is for lubrication. That's why the manufacturers like 32:1 - more oil = safer engine = less break downs... well that's the theory.

One of the oil manufacturers has a good section on tuning/oil/ heat might be Silkolene? I'll check!

Braaaaaaaaap!!

Top Bottom