savwa

Jun 24, 2001
Is there an after market seal for the 50 mm wp Forks? Or is the only choice OEM? I have a problem with my compression fork. the seal only lasts 2 to 3 rides. I have checked for nicks in the fork tube and other defects but cannot find any. Is this a commom thing for these forks? any suggestions?

thanks, Brad

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
In the 43 USD WP fork WP have a new better seal(different colour) they may have one for the 50mm fork.Another tip is to use 49mm dust seals from a 96RM 250.These will cause a bit of stiction but keep all the mud out of the seal area.Also have you tried the film negative trick of cleaning behind the seal-do a search plenty has been said about this.

KTM-Lunatic

~SPONSOR~
Mar 2, 2000
On my 99 300exc i was having problems with the fork seal on the rebound side . I finally found that installing fork boots helped a lot .Im now able to get about 3 months of riding before blowing a seal . Now that's just my 2 cents . But also now blowing a seal really doesn't bother me as I've learned how to rebuild my forks in about 30 min. each and after 3 months its time to replace the fork oil anyway. The WP 50 mm forks are very easy to rebuild .

Last edited:

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Brad, Marcus,KTM L
The new WP seals are the new blue material.. I suspect a Nitrile based compound. They seem to work very well. I would avoid the powerwasher and run boots as KTM Lunatic suggested.
Regards,
Jer

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom