thomasw

Apr 11, 2002
Hi everybody

My brother rides an KTM 450 sx -05, he weights about 85kg forks 0,48 springs . He feels it travells to low and its to hard on bigger bumps,it woks good on smaller bumps. I dont now the standard settings because it is an other that have revalved it to him( a big suspension shop here in sweden). He cant get it better after 4 revalings. Now i start doing it myself. After i change it it was much better rideheight on track but still to hard in bigger bumps.

Midvalve lift is about 0,4-0,5 the basevalve is pretty stiff i think, the stiffest i have seen on a ktm(dont now standard settings :( )comp clicker on 20 rebound 18.

If some one have some thought on what why i should go im happy.

He is pretty fast, not as fast as ryan huges, i wish i was there and see him here in swedish champion chip.

Thomas

thomasw

Apr 11, 2002
i see i ride a yzf 250, that was before i bought a rm 250 -04 put enzo subtanks on it and some revalving, the best bike and suspension i ever had. I loved that bike. To bad i broke both my feets and dont ride anymore :|

Thomas

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Hi Thomas, still not back on the bike? shame, its been a while.

On the RM, what sort of revalving did you do to go along with the subtanks?

thomasw

Apr 11, 2002
i dident do much i take out 2 shims on the basevalve( the 16 and 14), i had about 380 oillevel i think(dont remember exactly)about 4 out on subtank. I liked it alot. I could go really fast with that bike.

I have start a new sport now, 1/8 scale buggy really fun that to, but not close to mx. My feets hurts all the time, not fun. But i dont sitting in a wheelchair, i am happy for that.

Thomas

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
thomas it just sounds like the airgap is too small to me-with those stiff springs it may not need much help from the airspring.

take care buddy
marcus.

Top Bottom