cappra

Feb 8, 2001
Jeremy I came across a interesting thread on another site were you talked about the fill and bleed pump for wp shocks. You went into to complete detail on how this was the only way to truly fill and bleed a wp shock. I have the complete wp service manual for my suspension it shows and instructs a complete rebuild of the shock but does not use the pump system it shows the standard bench bleed system using the adapter and bleed bottle (that i have) If you look in the back section of the manual that lists all the special tools you will find the vacum-fill pump sytem listed. Based on what I read on the other site am I to assume that all mx-tech affiliate,s have this pump sytem as well ?

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
Just curious, Cappra - what service manual do you have? Is there a part number listed on it? I'd like to take a look at one of those, if I can get my hands on one.

cappra

Feb 8, 2001
Actually its the complete wp sevice manual for 2000 to2003 it is available to ktm dealers on cd then you just print it out. Do a search at thumper talk.com I saw a link there to were you can get the pdf version for the 2001 forks maybe they have more.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Cappra,
Couple of things..
We have old bottle method. As mentioned..

Then we have the bleed pump, which uses pressure and a net vacuum to bleed the shock. This is the unit I currently have. Some of the MXT SA's have them. And this is a sensitive topic with everyone as you can imagine.

Presently we are examining the possibility of making our own Vacuum system which is what WP uses at the Factory, Ohlins uses and sells for sick (but reasonable) money, and I believe is the best answer for all shocks..

As you noted in the other string I talked about fluid density issues /advantages of the vacuum system, we are most interested in going this direction, yet we can't wait around forever, and frankly while I will pay the money for one, I'm not going to mandate it across the SA team... So we have set a tentative date of March first to either determine whether we can effectively make a make cheaper vacuum system, or if not James Hunt my Canadian Importer will produce the standard Bleed system for every one of our SA's. And public Sale.

Here is a picture of the vacuum system at WP.. It’s cool....

Attachments

• wp vaccum.jpg
    wp vaccum.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,207

cappra

Feb 8, 2001
Jeremy thanks for answering my question, the unit from w.p. looks pretty high-tech,the standard bleed system that james hunt is going make for public sale,is it going to be like the motorized pump system in the back of the manual?

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Well we are looking at that as an option of course but we really want to do the vacum method... thats the best and where we need to set the bar..
BR,
Jer

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom