lisah

Apr 27, 2007
It's time for a bigger bike! I currently ride a CRF150F, which was the perfect learning bike, but I am starting to feel its limits. My hubby rides a 250 and I have ridden his bike - it's such a better ride than mine! I am looking at an '06 WR250 or the '06 CRF250X - and, maybe even the KTM XCF-W. Does anyone have any thoughts? Also, I am thinking about lowering it - it feels really TALL! :) Kouba Link maybe? Or professional lowering?
Thanks!

Last edited:

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
I rode a wr250 once but I don't think I'm a good judge cause it wasnt well maintained. I have a CRF250X and LOVE IT!! I had the kouba link on it for a while but it was still too tall. I had the suspension reworked and had it lowered and its fine now. Where do you live? I am in santa clarita valley CA (socal) if you want to meet one of these days and try it out.

lisah

Apr 27, 2007
Thanks for the invite Progirlz! I would love to ride your moto, but I am in Colorado! That would be a LONG drive.... :)

lisah

Apr 27, 2007
Got my new bike!!!! Decided to go for the wr250f - and I LOVE it!!!!!! I got a GREAT price for a new '06. It feels a little smaller than the crf250x in height and in width. I lowered the sag some and am planning to send it out to have the suspension re-valved, re-sprung and possibly lowered an inch - although I didn't have any trouble with the height as it is. Spent the day riding and rode the best I ever have! Woo hoo! Thanks to all of you who helped!
:)

THORmx_nucca

Apr 15, 2007
.. They're both great bikes, but with the WR, you'll need a lot of carb tuning (jetting).
As if you were on a CRF250X, no mods needed, you can ride it immediately.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
THORmx_nucca said:
.. They're both great bikes, but with the WR, you'll need a lot of carb tuning (jetting).
As if you were on a CRF250X, no mods needed, you can ride it immediately.

Dont' know where that comes from, but my WR ran just fine right off the showroom floor. I did the free mods and the only time I've had to mess with the jets was when we did the Reno, NV valentines day ride.

Top Bottom