yam314

Apr 17, 2001
My 98 WR will cut out like a Rev Limiter when I rev it up on the starting line to clear out my engine (like I used to on my 2 stroke).I thought something was wrong and I swapped CDIs w/ a buddies CDI and it did the same thing.After putting the CDI's back on thier original bikes, His did the same thing.I was wondering if every WR did this.I have never noticed it before and I have had the bike since new.

Jeff

------------------

dirtbikedad

Mar 24, 2001
Yam314,
Check your throttle stop on the right side of the carb. If it is removed you may be bumping against an over-rev control circuit in the engine control. If it is trimmed (properly) you may have some other problem.

Mine is a '00 that has the throttle stop trimmed. I don't have any cutting out problems.

Good Luck!!

Jerry

------------------
Old guy who putts around on a '00 WR400F behind the KX_kid

ButtonFly

Dec 8, 1999
What are you clearing out? For the most part a four stroke will not load up. The loading up is the gas/oil mixture falling out of suspension into the bottom of the cases, in addition to oil fouling the plug. On your WR as long as it has been warmed up thouroughly it should not need a clearing out... unless you think it makes you go faster, then do it :) voodoo speed tricks

------------------

yam314

Apr 17, 2001
I guess I just do it out of habit to phsyc out the guys next to me.Thanks for the tip,Jerry.My throttle stop is slightly too short.I will check that tomorrow.I didn't know that circuit existed.

Jeff

------------------

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Jeff, it sounds like that old Yamadawg is getting vendictive because you spent so much time with something red between your legs - first a big 650, then recently a little 250 - you know, the Honda with the funny name.

------------------
TexKDX

Top Bottom