Aug 22, 2007
just bought this bike 3 months ago.. 01 wr 426 she is mint , low hr of use , i got a nice bike here guys... my q is , she came with a pro4 circut exhaust pipe and muffer and i put a uni air filter in and the throtle stop is done and the air box snorkel is off her . so should i get her jetted , where she's breathin better now . and how can i drop some weight off her , she is a pig in the sand pits for jumps , can some one give me some advice , so i can have more fun!!!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You should only jet it if you want to take advantage of the mods you have made. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around why people spend all that money on bolt-ons, and don't jet the bike to make them work. Some things can make your bike run worse than stock without rejetting. And weight is the major downfall of the early thumpers. Unfortunately theres not much you can do to make that stallion feel much lighter. I think those bikes had a high cg, which makes them feel heavier than they really are.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
_JOE_ said:
I think those bikes had a high cg, which makes them feel heavier than they really are.

You can swap your large WR gas tank for a YZ tank. This will enable you to ride in a more forward position. Makes the bike handle better and feel lighter. Also, the suspension on the WR's is very soft. Having your suspension done to suit your riding style and weight will keep the bike from feeling like such a pig.

There is also a grey wire under the tank that can be cut to give you a little more performance. It's a small connector located on the frame under the center of the gas tank with a black wire and a grey wire. Cut the grey wire.

The YZ fenders and number plate will also bolt right on.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
all balls racer said:
any sugestion on what jet size i can use and with the suspention what do i do , just turn it up or change the shock...

You will have to take a plug reading to get the correct jet size. Do a search on 'Plug chop' or 'Plug reading'. There is a lot of info on this subject. Nobody can accurately tell you what jet to run since this depends on what has been done to the engine, the pipe and the altitude where you ride.

In relation to your suspension. The best way is to take your bike to a reputable suspension shop and have it done. They will change the valving and springs to suit your riding style and weight. Can be a little pricey but it is well worth it.

If you don't want to do that, then get the correct springs for your weight and then set the sag on the rear. Once you have done that, you can dial it in pretty close by adjusting the clickers. You need to do both ends, shock and forks.

Your manual will explain how to set your sag. If you don't have a manual you should get one.

Top Bottom