Sep 11, 2005
Hi, to day I took my 92 wr200 out to the gravel pit. It was pretty fun!

Anyway I stopped after about an hour or so of riding and noticed liquid pouring out of my bike. I figured it was just waster from this huge, deep puddle I went through. I got ready to start up again after a couple minutes and noticed what I thought was water was still pouring out from under my bike. Then I realized it was gas. I turned the gas switch off and it stopped coming out. I figured out it is coming out of a little hole in the carb(looking from the back its the left side), it looks like a tube should go here. It does this when the engine is running too. Its is a strong leak, not just a drip. Why is it doing this and how do I fix it?

There are a few over flow tubed coming out of the carb. One long one that goes from the bottom of the carb all the way to under the frame (definitely an over flow tube, been there since I have had the bike). There is another tube coming out of the right side(again looking from the back), it is only about 2 inches long, nothing comes out of it and I can't remember if it was always there. This problem just started today, it has never happened before and it was fine when I left. This is a 2stroke bike if that helps.

Also being the extreme, environmentalist that I am, I continued to ride and let it leak gas until the tank was empty. LOL

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
Not reall sure what it is, but when mine did that, it was the float sticking. Bike ran fine, but gas didnt stop coming out of the over flow. Took the carb off, cleaned it, checked the float tang, and re seated the float needle. All was well after that. No more overflow, and it stopped doing it. I am not an expert :coocoo: , so I would ask some of the other guys here. Just my attempt to offer some help :blah: .
Bleeds :cool:

Top Bottom