ant3423

Apr 18, 2009
I hope i am posting in the right area this is my first time postin, i aquired a 2002 wr250f in a trade, and unfortunately it was not running at the time. The guy who gave it to me said that it needed a new ignition coil, or at least i think thats what it is called (the cylindrical object mounted to the frame that the plug wire comes off of). Running or not i still got the better end of the trade. Well i replaced the ig. coil and still cannot get any spark when i turn the engine over. Overall the bike is in exellent condition it looks as if it was hardly ever ridden. Someone told me it could be the CDI box but i am hoping it isnt due to how expensive they are. I was hoping i could find some help with someone who may have had this problem before or at least help on how to troubleshoot it. I am pretty mechanically inclined but when it comes to electrical issues i am not so good. Also i was curious what this bike would be worth in good condition running. thanks in advance for the help

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You NEED a service manual and multi-meter to accurately diagnose ignition problems. One wrong guess and you've wasted more money than it would have cost to buy the stuff to fix it right. It could be the CDI, or the stator, or a bad ground. Who knows?

If it's clean you might be able to get 1500 bucks in my area. Most people seem pretty gun-shy about used 250f's.

ant3423

Apr 18, 2009
thanks joe, i am dropping it off with a guy today who is alot more knowledgeable about electrical system than me. just curious why are people gun shy about 250fs, alot of problems with them?

Java

Sep 13, 2007
Not sure why people would be gun shy about them.

From all me research, the WR seems to be a pretty darn reliable bike.

Certainly more than the CRF250X.

Though it seems as though the Honda offers more performance.

I am currently in the market for the WR, but hard to find around here.

Top Bottom