wr250F or yz250 f For Eastern Enduros

squid

Oct 26, 1999
Hey Guys whats your opinion?

Buy a wr250f, get to wide ratio gear box,flywheel weight, lights,..lose the tank and seat and replace it with a thin(IMS) tank and new seat, Change the cam timing to match the yz, and snip the black wire(Rev limiter,I think).....

Or, buy the yz250F, and add the flywheel weight(IF it's needed), add battery powered light...

Which way to go... What do you guys think?

Thanks

cjKTM

Nov 28, 1999
The better riders use a YZ in the woods. The gap from 1st to 2nd is better on the YZ. Most of us like the closer ratios and if 1st is too high, drop 1 or 2 teeth on the rear sprocket. I'm not convinced to the benefit of a flywheel weight yet although I would like to try one first. I noticed with the heavy studded Trelleborg(which would act similar to a weight), the bike lost snap out of turns... Don't think that we don't ride tight woods with the YZ because you would be wrong. These things work really well stock as long as you are a good rider and don't mind using the clutch. If you are into slow trail riding get the WR.

Boozer

Oct 5, 2001
Originally posted by cjKTM
The better riders use a YZ in the woods. If you are into slow trail riding get the WR.

never heard anything like that before.....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…