cstroh

Jul 18, 2009
hello,

I have recently purchased a new 2007 WR250F and a new 2007 TTR125LE for a vacation home for trail riding on private property. we will be leaving the bikes for long periods of time without being used (end of august-thanksgiving and thanksgiving-august). I am assuming that i can leave them with fuel preserver in the tanks and drained carbs between the end of august and november but between november and august I am assuming I want to drain the carbs and the tanks? They will be kept in a heated garage and we will have a caretaker put a battery "preserver charger thing" on them once or twice a month for a few days at a time. I am new to dirtbikes so i am kind of lost here. I race R/C cars so i have some mechanical skill and understanding if that matters at all (i know a lot of off-road rc racers who race or formerly race MX). Are there any other things that i will want to do to them when we arrive or before we leave? These will be "family bikes" so they won't get any hard riding. Does it make sense to do any of the "free mods" that people do to there WR250f's, or are they unnecessary for our purposes?

thank you all in advance and best regards,

Christopher Stroh

RM250_sutton

Jul 19, 2009
yeah drain the carbs use fuel preservers or just drain it. (easier) drain the radiator coolent. the tranny oil should be fine. if you are not looking to drain any of that have the "care keeper" start the bikes up for 5-10 minutes like every 2 weeks. to cycle all the liquids through the bike. besides that you doing everything right

cstroh

Jul 18, 2009
Ok, thanks i will do that for sure. What is the purpose of draining the radiator coolant does it solidify over time or something. Thanks, I really want to gain a good understanding of these. I enjoy mechanical things so this should be fun.

regards,

christopher

Top Bottom