WR360 best way to lower ride height

torquer2

Dec 24, 2005
I've got an '02 model and wish to lower the ride height. The rear is OK as I have unwound the preload, however the front is still too high.

Is it OK to remove the spacers under the fork springs or is there a reason for them to be installed as far as the correct functioning of the forks is concerned?

The riding I do never uses full travel and I find a lower height makes the bike easier to ride or at least put a foot down without breaking your ankle.

Apart from that it's a great bike, the smooth power delivery is clearly designed to maximise forward movement and traction, unlike previous big-bore monsters I have had like the Yamaha SC500 and MX400B.

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
You can have as many as 3 rings showing on your forks. That would help lower the bike and increase turning ability in tight situations. You would also loose some stability at speed. FYI, I'm 6' but run mine with 2 rings showing. Great bike.
Bob

torquer2

Dec 24, 2005
COLEMANAPP said:
You can have as many as 3 rings showing on your forks. That would help lower the bike and increase turning ability in tight situations. You would also loose some stability at speed. FYI, I'm 6' but run mine with 2 rings showing. Great bike.
Bob

I've already dropped the forks, but being 5' 8" another inch or so lower would be fine. I figure the fork spring spacers removed would do that.

Vince Stokes

May 30, 2002
If you remove the spacers then the spring will not be preloaded and it will upset your sag and you will have freeplay,not good,I had Terry hays at shock teartment lower my TE 250 05 by 1inch both ends,he adds spacers, highly recomended,$400,I am 5,10 but run a 1 inch thicker seat and was struggling in technical stuff,he is near Penrith but you can post you bits,if your close get the personel setup at his test track,then there is no clicker dramas on the first ride,
its amassing what lowering the forks 1 line after they are dialed does to sticking a rut.

torquer2

Dec 24, 2005
Vince Stokes said:
If you remove the spacers then the spring will not be preloaded and it will upset your sag and you will have freeplay,not good,I had Terry hays at shock teartment lower my TE 250 05 by 1inch both ends,he adds spacers, highly recomended,$400,I am 5,10 but run a 1 inch thicker seat and was struggling in technical stuff,he is near Penrith but you can post you bits,if your close get the personel setup at his test track,then there is no clicker dramas on the first ride,
its amassing what lowering the forks 1 line after they are dialed does to sticking a rut.

Do you have a contact number for Terry? Thanks.

Vince Stokes

May 30, 2002
Shock Treatment,02 4773 9115
Depending on his race bike,road and dirt,comitments,you probably will get onto Jan,his mrs,
If you visit Dirtbikeworld,OZ site and join you get 10% discount on his work,great site to meet other blokes and organise rides.Were you at in OZ,checked yor profile,Kiwi joker.

Top Bottom