oldmate

May 28, 2001
G'DAY GUYS JUST GOT RI OF MY WB E-SERIES PIPE AS IT WAS GIVING ME HEADACHES FROM THE NOISE....SO I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW PIPE AND HAVE SEEN THE FMF POWERCORE 4 PIPE AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS USED IT AND WHAT THE PERFORMANCE AND NOISE WAS LIKE

THANKS IN ADVANCE

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
O'Mate,

It looks like the quietest, is in Europe and marketed under the name Arrow. It's quiet (don't know the decibels but, quiet enough for the GP's) and light (made from aluminium, I think?). I'm just starting to find out about this one.

I also have a dub-R, E-Series equipped and need to think about quieting the bike down for the trail. I'll keep the "E" for the track.

Stay tuned!

vetwfo'er

olson_jr

Mar 7, 2000
I've got the FMF Powercore 4 SQ'd on my 00WR400. I feel that it is really too loud for woods riding. I can't tell if there is another thumper behind me or if its the sound of my bike echoing off of the trees. Nice power though.

Feb 6, 2001
fmf powercore4

I had a power core IV on my '99 400-- Don't do it...
Say goodbye to all lowend and be prepared for a brutal midrange power plant plus the noise.

I currenlt have '01 wr 426 with supertrapp 'race series' --it rules and is fairly quiet... plus you can buy the additional baffle end for it....:think

Birgster

Oct 26, 2000
Hey OldMate

I just read on the fmfracing.com site about a new Q series pipe. Claims to be the most quiet on the market without hindering performance. FMF make good ****, try it out.

Birg.

Top Bottom