rmk_racer

Jun 28, 2007
Hi guys. I just bought a 2000 WR400F. It's popping a lot on decel. I ride with a friend who has the same bike and his doesn't pop at all. I checked the exhasust, it's all tight. From a search on here it sounds like I need to back out the fuel screw. Is this the same as the pilot screw? Where exactly is this and can I get to it without taking the carb apart? :think: Thanks for any help and advice!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
rmk_racer said:
From a search on here it sounds like I need to back out the fuel screw. Is this the same as the pilot screw? Where exactly is this and can I get to it without taking the carb apart? :think: Thanks for any help and advice!

The fuel screw is on the bottom of the float bowl. If adjusting the screw does not help, you may have water or sediment in the float bowl and accelerator pump. You will need to remove the float bowl to clean this out.

Also, make sure the hot start button rubber boot is seated all the way down. If the boot is not seated, it will hold the hot start button open a little bit and cause a popping on decel. Make sure the rubber seal on the end of the hot start button is in good condition and sealing properly.

If you don't already have a service manual for your bike, it would be a good idea to get one. :cool:

rmk_racer

Jun 28, 2007
Thanks Ol'89r! I do have the manual. I wasn't sure if the "fuel screw" people talk about on here was the same thing as the pilot screw the manual talks about. I think the hot start knob is okay but I'll double check. I'll take a look in the float bowl too. Thanks again!!!

Top Bottom