Jonny426

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2001
Has anyone tried a Vortip or other insert in your WR426? I like the power of the bike uncorked, but my neighbors don't like me. Any noise level specs./power increases/recommendations? Thanks!

dirtdad

Mar 3, 2001
FMF has a new version of their power core IV S/A that will be available in about a week. It's designated the "Q" (for quiet) and is claimed to provide the same charactaristics (better bottom/mid, slight loss on top) as the original. I don't know if it will be quieter than the stock WR pipe, but is supposed to be quite a bit easier on the ears than the YZ. It may be worth looking into.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I am thinking of trying the Baja Designs insert. I ve heard good things about them as far as no power loss, easy on the ears, etc. Right now, its not so important to me. I have always loved FMF products as well, but not their prices!
I wonder where your riding, thats so close to your neighbors? Whenever I'm just taking the bike for a spin around the neighborhood, I put the baffle back on, so as not to freak anybody out. Cant understand why they never look at Harleys the same way......

Jonny426

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2001
WR Exhaust noise

Thanks for the input, I'm still hoping to hear from sombody who is using a Baja or other insert. If I need to, i'll consider a complete rear half system, but I'd like to tone down the stock (open) pipe. I don't ride around much in the yard, but the neighbors have a horse... Besides, it's fun to chase the wife and kids around. ( TTR125L, BW 80, 4 acres ). Anybody else?

Top Bottom