zepesh

Oct 10, 2007
Hi People
New member,with a problem.
Just bought a WR426 2001,havent ridden it yet as hasnt be delivered but little brother has and says goes like sh-t off a shovel but has a huge flat spot in the mid range.
He has spoken to a mate of his who (in the trade ) says it is common with these bikes and is down to the exhaust.
As we speak I have a White Brothers E2 travelling through the ether from your fair land .
Question is ,is it true about the exhausts being an issue and if so what can I do about it?
Cheers
Frank

uh_oh

Sep 25, 2007
the wr's are notorious for being backed up.
the mods im about to list will make it loud.
Remove exhaust baffle
remove airbox lid
un plug grey wire
and re jet
since you bought a pipe the first one isnt a worry.
I would think jetting is your problem more than anything.

zepesh

Oct 10, 2007
Thanks.
I will try those when I get it.
Do you have to dyno it for the jets or can you buy a set with the exhaust in mind?
Frank

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
uh_oh said:
Remove exhaust baffle
remove airbox lid
un plug grey wire
QUOTE]

Also, check the throttle stop screw for full throttle. Remove the airbox and look in the back of the carb. If you are not getting full throttle, grind the throttle stop until you do.

uh_oh

Sep 25, 2007
Ol'89r said:
uh_oh said:
Remove exhaust baffle
remove airbox lid
un plug grey wire
QUOTE]

Also, check the throttle stop screw for full throttle. Remove the airbox and look in the back of the carb. If you are not getting full throttle, grind the throttle stop until you do.
forgot about that, thanks for adding it :nod:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I believe you can also buy the YZ426 throttle stop screw for the same year, if you're one of those people who doesn't like grinding on their bikes.

zepesh

Oct 10, 2007
Hey Guys
Thanks for all your help .Little brother tells me he swapped the pipe thats on it for a standard and the flat spot has disapeared .
Hope it stays the same with the e2 !!
Frank

zepesh

Oct 10, 2007
Very true
White Brothers say that their e2 works on standard jetting.So assuming the jets are standard all should be lush.
Bike arrives on the 2nd November . We shall see!!!

Top Bottom