Wrist pain-caused by bar placement???

ktmrider

Jun 20, 2000
I have my bars rotated pretty far forward. It feels comfterble to me and helps me ride up on the tank more when cornering. However I've heard when you rotate your bars forward it slopes your bars up (horizontally). Would this be the contributing factor to my wrist pain after I ride??

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
I've had this happen to me too

When i moved my bars to far forward. I then moved them back a little bit. The wrist thing> you'll get used to the bar position after a few rides. Besides it helps keep your arms in attack position if your bars are a little more forward.:)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Yep, if you look at bars that are rotated too far forward from the front or back, you can see the ends sloping up. That is a very painful (and weak) position for your wrists.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
If you are more comfortable with your bars farther forward, but don' like the ends up, then get a clamp that is farther forward and get a bar with a different bend.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Excellent advice!

www.renthal.com lists the different dimensions for their different bars. Be aware that bars with a lot of "sweep" will be more prone to the twisted wrist syndrome mentioned earlier when they are rotated too far forward.

Top Bottom