MSB22

Feb 19, 2008
Just started riding again yesterday for this summer...and for some reason my wrists start hurting bad only a couple laps into it...

It got a little better by the end of the day. I use to run 20 laps or 30 no problem at our local track/trails..now 5 hard laps and my wrists cant take no more.

Ne ideas or exercises i can do to get my wrists back..never had this problem before.

If i let my grip up on the bars...it goes away...but then i can't be in total control when i let my grip up

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
^^^ You're out of line... bub

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
MSB22 said:
Just started riding again yesterday for this summer...and for some reason my wrists start hurting bad only a couple laps into it...

It got a little better by the end of the day. I use to run 20 laps or 30 no problem at our local track/trails..now 5 hard laps and my wrists cant take no more.

Ne ideas or exercises i can do to get my wrists back..never had this problem before.

If i let my grip up on the bars...it goes away...but then i can't be in total control when i let my grip up

I have a bar I got at Dicks Sporting Goods.. It has a rope attached that you attach to a 5 or 10 pound plate.

Then you can either use it as a barbell for your wrists or you can turn it in your hands so that you raise and lower the weight..

If you do that, it gives your forearms a hell of a workout.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
They have a really cool tool that uses friction, and a grip on each side. Excellent for riding. Just like the rope and weight, wind it up, and back down, with your arms straight out, till you go goon style and drop your elbows.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
TRexRacing said:
roost what are you like 13?mommy know you're online?
He'll be 20 in about a month.
"Maturity often has little to do with age."

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
And the facts allude roost on such a minor issue. Its the elbow that goes, not the wrist. Well, unless you are a real little feller, and that would explain another issue.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
I have a MSR firm "r" grip exerciser.Kicks ass.Helped me a lot.It's a gyroscopic physical therapy device.get it spinning and keep it going by moving your wrist and hanging on to it.The faster you get it going the more you work.Can't find a picture of one but it's sold by Malcolm Smith racing.

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
Rock climbing:) I went to cali for a few weeks and didnt ride but did some rock climbing while i was out there.....great workout to fight the pump with. When i got home its like i never stopped riding....arm pump....whats that???

Top Bottom