WTB: Canon Kit Lens or Other Cheap Lens

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'm looking for the 18-55 kit lens or something similar that will be cheap. I have a young niece who just became a single mother and has a budding interest in photography especially with the newborn.

I'm going to give her one of my 20D backup bodies and a 420EX flash but I don't have any of the consumer lenses any longer. Let me know if any of you have something suitable you want to unload.

B

biglou

Doug-I've got one to sell. I have one kit lens, and another that's fairly close, but I can't remember exactly what size. I'll PM you when I get home.

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
better offer-I have one you can have for free.

If it would work you can have the kit lens that came with my rebel (digital eos xti)...(Cannon18-55). I can mail it to you, or you can pick it up from Dave when you come down.

Yes, free. They are worthless as a commodity- plus...
I have no need for it. I'm superlazy. I owe some people some karma points.... and.. most of all.... Destructo child will spray undercoat or flame it in a match if it is left around here too much longer. Summer vacation is coming and nothing nothing is sacred. It's a couple years, old, but hardly used.

Let me know how to get it to you and it's yours.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Good stuff ODM2...I love seeing stuff like this.

Doug, I have a couple 256 cards that I never use. If you want them they are yours... Email me over the address and I'll get them in the mail. I might have a uv filter for the kit lens too, I'll check when I get home.

B

biglou

well geez, now i feel like a capitalist pig! a lazy one at that cuz i forgot to check the specs on the two i have last night. ;)

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Emile, I've got her covered for CF cards but if you have a UV Filter I'd be happy to grab that off you. Lou let me know what the other lens is when you get home tonight.

I talked to her last night after making arrangements with ODM2 and she's ecstatic. I'm wondering if I should send the 20D out now for a new shutter since she's already filled about 5 albums up with her p&s in the baby's first 4 months of life :laugh:

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Yep, I've got a 58mm UV and 58mm 1A (what ever that is). Email the address and they will be on the way.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000

I have a set of filters at home (I believe six of them) that were given to me with my kit lens/camera. I think one is a UV and I'm not positive what the others are. They're the same diameter as the kit lens, which I don't use, so you're welcome to them if you'd like. I'll check them out when I get home and let you know what's in the kit. I'd be glad to send those out to you.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Emile, I'll e-mail from home tomorrow as I don't think I have your address here at work. Kawi I appreciate the offer but i think we have the basics covered for her now and I don't want to be greedy! You folks are a great bunch :cool:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Chili said:
Emile, I'll e-mail from home tomorrow as I don't think I have your address here at work. Kawi I appreciate the offer but i think we have the basics covered for her now and I don't want to be greedy! You folks are a great bunch :cool:

No problem. The offer still stands if you'd like the filters. I just checked and there are actually only three filters in the pack (shows how long it's been since I've looked at them). All three are 58mm. One is a circular polarizer, one is an Enhancing Filter (supposedly brings out reds, rust and brown colors) and the other is an 812 filter (supposed to make colors pop/add a little saturation). If she gets the knack pretty quickly, let me know and I'll send these out so she can really get creative with them.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The true spirit of DRN shines through the fog once again.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
fatcat216v2 said:
Chili- how is the niece's photography coming? Will you be able to post up some pics?

I've been meaning to for some time now, I'll get a couple up after my nights shifts end this weekend.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
someone has a canon 1Ds III along with some 5 or 6 L lenses around willing to send me?

good stuff, worth bringing up again :cool:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Great thread, back in the day? Helio, I have been seriously, in a manly way, been missing Squid!
yeah, VB... squid is a nice guy and this thread just proves it. :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…