bultaco290

May 10, 2001
their is one 400mxc in Indy @ flat out motorsports, one in Lexington ky @
Bluegrass cycle corral and one in atlanta @ h and h in douglasville... alll of
these number can be found on KTM's web site, anything else that you need??

bultaco290

May 10, 2001
why what kind of riding do you do.... I've ridden both bike and I like
the mxc's tranny better but I like the exc's first gear better If you gear
the mxc's down in the front which you will have to do if you do any tight riding
at all it will work pretty well for you...Then their is the tank issue, do you or
do you not want the big tank!!! Only you can decide, I like the tank myself!! It does make the bike a little heavy in the turns and forces the front wheel to push a little when all the way full but this is the great part, all you have to do is not fill the tank all the way up!!! and if you go on a long ride fill her up and a way you go!!! The only other difference is the light, every thing is the same!!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Did you check out S&S Powersports in Clarksville?
I was in there the other day and I know they had a 520mx and a 520ex and a few other bikes, I thought maybe I saw a 400 as well...

Opps I see you are in TX...812-948-1621

Last edited:

bultaco290

May 10, 2001
Yes I've been to S and S they <aren't so good>!!!! The 400 they had was sold and the
other 2 ktm's that were there are owned by guys who work there... S and S
are a KTM dealer and they don't even stock a spark plug, brakes spocket ect
nothing, so why even go there

Motus

Dec 4, 2000
I had good luck with the cycle shed in Indiana. Thier price was the best that I found and I had my MXC520 shipped to Houston for $230. Also you don't have to pay sales tax. Their web page says that they have a 520 mxc and a 400exc. I think that it is thecycleshed.com. If not you can find it on ktm usa's web page under dealers. Good luck

bultaco290

May 10, 2001
I agree with you, The cycle shed is a pretty good dealer, they stock
just about everything for a KTM, however we were talking about S and S
powersport in Clarksville In

motodude

Oct 3, 2000
I would get the EXC if you can find one. I thought I should buy a MXC tank for my EXC for long rides, but I have gone 50-60 on my stock EXC tank before switching to reserve. Should be able to get another 20 from that. The MXC does have a close ratio trans and 110 watt lighting coil, so you could hook up a headlight if you wanted to.

Lee in Hollister
2001 KTM400EXC
2001 TT-R125L :cool:

justice29

May 5, 2001
Got a bike

I just ordered a 2001 KTM400 MXC that has an EXC gas tank and shrouds on it. I will get it next week! Can't wait.

John

justice29

May 5, 2001
I got it at cernics.com , It was a trade in on a new bike. The original owner traded for a EXC tank and shrouds when he bought it new.

Can't wait to get it!

John

Tiger

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
KTM 400's

KTM made more in late March. There are plenty available! The dealers got them in the last few weeks (if they asked). Check out KTM's add in cycle news (color glossy type ad) where every dealer is listed. I found a dozen easy here in NC!

Top Bottom