wud a kmx125 be a good beginner bike?

jetloks

Sep 20, 2007
I'm a beginning rider, though a little late, (mid 30's), i was wondering if you could give some infos, riding tech, about the bike, i currently have a kmx125, changed the pipe & silencer, installed a kx125 reed cage/valve, aside from that the bike is stock. thanks in advance
jet

Jan 3, 2007
jetloks, it looks like a good bike. For a begginer they make you ride more aggresive due to the very little bottom end power and lots of top end power. I think you will do fine.

jonnyboy527

May 7, 2007
honestly i think you should go with a bike you wont have to upgrade so soon, especially if you are thinking of getting into MX. If you can afford it i would suggest a 125 2 stroke or 250f 4 stroke if you are interested in MX, and for trails a crf250x or wrf250 and if not a 250 yet a crf230 honda. I think 2 strokes for life thinks you mean kx125 the 2 stroke 125 because what he said would not make any sense otherwise lol.

I learned MX this season on a kx125 and it helped my riding skills alot because of the short powerband and am upgrading to a 250f next season because i might race.

Anyway take those bikes i mentioned into consideration because if you are agressive AT ALL you will want to upgrade within the first few months of riding. you should learn the basic skills on ur klx125 since u already have it then move up to a bigger bike.

hope that helped

jetloks

Sep 20, 2007
2 strokes 4 life,
thanks... yup, it really is a good beginner's bike, a little modification improved the bottom end (i think...) changed the sprockets & the chain, from 428 to 520, same gearing, 14/48, brought the gearing closer, though it somewhat hurt the top... learning to be aggressive is the difficult part...LOL
jet

jetloks

Sep 20, 2007
jonnyboy,
got the bike from a friend, didn't use it much often so things are pretty neat with it, changed what i thought would be like what the factory should have done., ie.. helped it breathe a little easier, would like to try trail riding first though m thing was a childhood dream, guess it's a little late now. it's a KMX 125, somewhat like a kdx stateside though tuned lesser... yes i would like to have a 4-stroke trailbike but it's a little steep pricewise, especially if it would be imported. guesds i have to make do with what i have for now...
thanks,
jet

Top Bottom