www.stillwater500.com

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
The Stillwater Trailriders have a new website. Check it out.

www.stillwater500.com

This is long over due.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
what was the logic behind the ungodly membership price increase? i can honestly say, that if they don't offer one-day passes that i'll never ride there again. i probably haven't ridden there more than twice a year since the early 90's but i often buy a membership anyway. now, it appears that they've priced me out.

Last edited:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Jay, Stillwater raised the price on everything (Mountain bike, Boating, etc.) We have asked that they offer an alternative but no word yet.

Some of what we came up with are:
1)Quarterly memberships for $25
2)Reduced membership for those that live out of state.

The problem with a daily pass is the gate code.

Compared to the cost of racing it is still a good deal for those of us who use it on a regular basis but guys like you and the groups that come down from the North to escape the snow and ride for a couple of days I agree it is too high. Hopefully the powers that be will understand the negative economic impact (hotels, gas stations, restaurants) on Stillwater and give everyone a less expensive option.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
how about a daily pass when accompanied by a member?

and regarding negative economic impact - every time i go, at a minimum, i fill up and go to joe's or hideaway.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Great to finally have a webpage! Now if I could just find a map of the trails (there is supposedly a rough one out there somewhere, but I never could find it).
I ride there about 3 times a year and was shocked at the fee increase. I understand times are tight and municipalities are trying to increase revenue, but wonder about the economics. Just my mind wandering, but at $75, I'm pretty sure they will lose a significant percentage of annual memberships; I wonder if doubling the fee, to $50 might actually increase income by less lost memberships. Guess we'll never know. Oh well, I'll probably pay the $75 when mine is up. Or I'll just drive on over to Lake Draper and pay the Piper for each visit.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Crap!!

I understand the gate code problem but dang. I cant justify $75 for one days ride. Gotta figure a way to do the one day deal. Maybe present a receipt to a member to get in? Shouldnt really be riding by yourself anyway.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…