Dirtiki

Feb 11, 2007
Aloha,
I am heading to eastern Wyoming, Buffalo, in July.
Bringing my dirt bike.
Does anyone know where there is good riding?

Thanks
Eric

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Wyoming sucks!

Casper, WY sucks worse!

Gillette, WY has an OK track.

Colorado has a great track just south of Cheyenne, WY. When your heading south on I-25 it will be on your right before you get to Fort Collins, it's an outstanding track!

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
BigRedAF said:
Wyoming sucks!

Casper, WY sucks worse!

Gillette, WY has an OK track.

Colorado has a great track just south of Cheyenne, WY. When your heading south on I-25 it will be on your right before you get to Fort Collins, it's an outstanding track!

Man, the drive from buffalo to berthoud would be a little bit much if you ask me.

You can try looking on the high plains mx association website to get an idea of tracks in the area.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
I couldn't remember the name of the track I was describing but you guys nailed it. Berthoud is a great place to ride.

I used to go down on non race weekends with a group of guys all the time, that place has great features and great soil.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We checked out the one in Laramie, but always thought it looked like crap. The dirt just wasn't good looking, we never had our bikes with us to ride it for ourselves though. Phil was out there for college and never had his and I never attempted to bring my bike as luggage when I flew into Denver.

Oh yeah there is one in Casper http://www.casperdirtridersmx.com/
We never made it that far North, so I couldn't tell you anything about it.

Berthoud is sweet looking and Miliken didn't look too bad either.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Casper's track is very narrow, poor management but nice dirt. At least that's how I left it back in 2000. Things change but there is very little support for riders in that area and even less interest in racing...

geraldo

Oct 12, 2004
Wyoming Riding

The riding is Wyoming is mainly based for off-road. There are a few tracks around the state(Gillette, Sheridan, Douglas, and Casper). There is a really good endurance race around Upton, WY every summer. You may want to look that up. Other than that find some ORV land in the mountains and tear it up.

Oh yeah, Sturgis, SD where they have the bike ralley has a pretty sweet mx track as well. Probably about 3 hours from where you will be.

Top Bottom