X-chain and sprocket combo for $88 on ebay???

swilldad

Oct 17, 2008
Has anyone ordered from dirtparts on ebay?

"RK CHAIN KIT & SPROCKETS KAWASAKI KDX200 KDX 200 95-06
You are bidding on a complete RK Chain Kit for your machine. This kit includes the highest quality chain and sprockets available today for your ATV. Kit Includes RK 520 XSO X-ring chain for maximum durability and ultimate strength. X-ring technology insures least amount of chain stretch and maximum oiling protection. Rk chain also offers a one year warranty against breaking and stretching, what other manufacture offers that?? Kit also includes both front and rear case hardened steel sprockets, so you can stop changing your sprockets like your underwear! This auction is for standard gearing, other gearing options available please email with needs. DONT BE FOOLED BY OTHER AUCTIONS OFFERING NO NAME CHAIN AND SPROCKETS!!!!
Item Fits: Kawasaki KDX 200 95-06 Gearing-13/47 108 link"

It goes for $88 + $9.50 ship - 10% ebay coupon = $87.75

I am looking to replace and upgrade to the recommended 13T/50T sprocket and chain combo for a "new to me" 2000 KDX200.

Just to confirm from what I have searched, I will need a 520-110 link chain for the 13/50 sprockets, correct???

I emailed them about the 13/50 and they said - note my 13/50 request with the order and the price is the same.

Also the X-chain will require a new, wider chain guide for the KDX?

lemmy

Jul 24, 2008
Yes, I just purchased a 13/50 steel sprocket and new DID X-Ring chane and 110 link is what I used. I have no idea of the chain guide because mine already had the Fredette one on there.

swilldad

Oct 17, 2008
Lemmy,thanks. Where did you buy your sprockets and chain from? I'm starting to think I should go DID over the RK X-ring.

muddertrucker

Aug 24, 2006
I ordered a kit from dirtparts a year ago. I was not a all plesed with the service he gave me. I asked for a 12t front sproket in the note just as specified in the add and I still got a 13t. Sent 2 messages to fix that problem without an answer so I gave him a negative feedback. The shipping was slooooowwww, it took over a month. His answer to that in my negative feedback was that the item was ordered during the holidays and shipped to canada, delays where to be expected. But he only shipped 12 days after my payment was made. Did I mention he never answered my 5 e-mails and then gave me negative feedback for leaving him neg. feedback without contacting him to solve the problem.

Oh and not to mention the JT front sproket needded to be replaced after less than 6 months of light riding.

6 or 7 other people left him neg. feedback in december all about his lack of communication and slow shipping.

His my comments dicourage anybody here from buying from him well............GOOD. He deserves the bad publicity and you probably don't deserve the hasle.

lemmy

Jul 24, 2008
swilldad said:
Lemmy,thanks. Where did you buy your sprockets and chain from? I'm starting to think I should go DID over the RK X-ring.

I got the chain and sprockets from Rock Mountain ATV. The sprockets are both their steel house brand (Primary Drive). The 47 tooth primary drive aluminum I took off was 12 oz. The 50t steel Primary Drive was just over 2lbs (I think).

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I use Rocky Mtn. Lots of choices. I have had good success with X ring chains. Steel front sprokets and I use aluminum or steel on rear. Steel sproket lasts longer and weighs more. Make your choice. Stock chain guard is a little narrow for X ring chain, but just use it and chain will wear plastic to widen it to fit. My stock guard is still in use through several chains. Ride Safe John

Top Bottom