KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
We are not for sure exactly what is going on, but the moderators of X-DB (Extreme Dirtbike and ATV) are getting the feeling that X-DB is offically DEAD.

We saw a drastic fall in new post and the owner may of decided its not worth his time and effort to keep it going.

We are hoping that maybe it can be brought back online in the future.

We appreciate what all the members have done and appreciated that we could work in association to our sister site of DRN.

This is a very sad day for us all. :whiner:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Yeah, I remember a couple years ago, it was more active than it has been lately.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I very rarely looked over there but the posts were low from what I saw.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yeah, I checked in there yesterday, and the site is gone, thought maybe it was me :eek: , does anyone know what is going on there, would hate to jump to conclusions, I joined XDB before DRN, and still visit now and then.

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
I kinda had a feeling XDB wasn't going to be around much longer. Traffic has been ridiculously slow, and it seems as though Howard is MIA. Bummer. :(

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I checked the board every other day at least. I am very sorry to hear that it may be dead. There are a lot of good people who were moderating over there.

Thanks for all the effort that was put in.

Ivan

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I checked in there every once in a while. Mostly when I needed a Big Bore lift! :)
There were/are many quality people over there.:(

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Even the ATV forums where having slow traffic.

I hear woodsrace.com is also having slow traffic.

I hope they don't fall to the defeat like X-DB did.

Hey, does anyone have a current email address for Dr. Bill??

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Never mind, I was jousting (jokingly) someone from X-DB, and now I see a thread with his name in it. :eek: :)

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I think it's the EBAY effect Mark, DRN is getting so big, the little guys are having trouble competing :eek: - sad thing is, this is how the net works, the big sites get bigger, and the little ones fade away :(

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
:( Anyone heard from Jim Stutts? I know Howard took it over a while ago, haven't seen much from him or ST500 for some time... and ST signed-up for DirtWeek. You comin' SingleTracker?

Tell ya what, if it weren't for the SupportTeam, this site could be gone as well.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I rode with Stutts in Tennessee several times back in '99 and '00, but I haven't heard much from him since. The local NAriders e-mail group has gone belly-up, too. There were 10 or 12 active posters in the group, including Jim. :ugg: Where's everyone going?

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Thats a bummer. Was there a post on X DB notifying members of the end?, becuase I didnt see one. That was a good board, but I just hope WRC dosnt has the same fate. :(

KLX300Greg

Nov 17, 1999
Originally posted by dklink2000
I saw ST500 on a small local site and he said that X DB should be back up in two weeks.

I wonder if John is taking over? Interesting news though, thanks.
Greg
(G-man at the site formerly known as XDB)

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Originally posted by Okie
:( Anyone heard from Jim Stutts? I know Howard took it over a while ago, haven't seen much from him or ST500 for some time... and ST signed-up for DirtWeek. You comin' SingleTracker?

Tell ya what, if it weren't for the SupportTeam, this site could be gone as well.

I talked/e-mailed with Jim a couple of days ago. he's good, but had some business problems after 9/11. Hasn't rode since. Howard is on the east coast with his new woman, don't hear too much from him anymore.

It's not looking good for Dirtweek Okie. :ugg: I had to spend a ton of money on my bike to get it to stop over heating every time I topped a mountain. I'm still trying though..

I wonder if John is taking over?

Absolutely not! Arizona Trail Talk is just that. A place for Arizona riders to set up rides and discuss issues related to our riding areas. I think Okie's doing a great job here for everyone else. :thumb:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
John, you know if you make it to Cooperland, you'll have a bike or two to ride. Hope to see you there.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Originally posted by BSWIFT
John, you know if you make it to Cooperland, you'll have a bike or two to ride. Hope to see you there.

Thank you, I appreciate it, but I have my tea kettle problems fixed. Plus, I doubt there's anything there that would cause it to over heat. I'm still trying to be there. I was real bummed last year when I had to turn back home from OK. City.. :ugg:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Single... have been wondering why I havent received your registration/waiver..... we hope you can make it! Arizona must be represented...

Top Bottom