Jeffzee

Jan 12, 2006
Has anyone had any excperience with an X-Rage? They claim to be a Honda knock off, at very affordable prices!
Check out x-rage . ca keep in mind the prices are in Canadian funds, and they said know one pays sticker, they have room to make a good deal. I might look into buying one of these since i am not looking for a hardcore bike, just something for logging roads and ocasional light trail.
Let me know what you think! The model i am looking at is the 250py.

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
A cheap bike with no parts to be had is no deal! Sure they will tell you they are available, but call them later and try to order something and see. An older bike in good shape with parts available is a better deal if trying to fit the budget.

Dale

highmileage

Jun 17, 2004
I have no particular experience with the brand you are asking about, but I will give you some input as I have a couple chinese bikes (CRF50 copy mini's where oem parts have some cross over)

I agree that they are cheap fun...and frankly work pretty well. If the price is right for you and the bike meets your needs then go for it. But...

I have found that the manufacturing QA and fastener/part quality can be lacking. So when you get the bike make sure you prep it properly. Take the bike apart. Make sure nothing is cross threaded and replace any suspect fasteners with good ones.

Lube, reassemble, lock tight, safety wire fasteners, etc.

Check the wheels to make sure the spokes are tight and that it is true. Safety wire everywhere a spoke crosses another spoke.

Immediately change the oil in the engine and forks. Whatever they put in there I wouldn't call lubricant, more like snot.

After break in...check every bolt/nut/motor fastener again (torque covers, head bolts, adjust valves, etc). Change fork and engine oil again...use good synthetic in both. Keep that cheap chain lubed until you can replace it with a good one.

If you don't have the time, inclination, patience, or money to do this preparation drill, just buy a BIG 5 bike from a dealer.

XMotoX

Oct 23, 2006
Is it just me or does this kinda seem like a scam to just convince you to get a X-Rage bike. I think the first and fourth poster are in on it together.

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
i am against it but if you do listen to highmilage i've heard that about chinese bikes hundreds of times. and i dont care what anybody says about parts being available. try to get parts next year or 2 years GOOD LUCK these companies go in and out of buisness and change names and operate in china. haven't you read the news they are already trying to dumb our kids up with lead in the paint on 2 yr old toys ya think they can build a bike HAA!!!!!!!

this is not up for argument either im right and anyone who disagrees is wrong!!!

atvroadking

Jan 2, 2008
X-Rage bikes are not very good they fall apart!

Bought two bikes from x-rage they where not very good.
Fell apart on the first outing.
And found out that they did not cover any warranty.
Told me to go cry to some one that cares.
Sorry but thats not right.

Talked to a lot of people out at stave lake that where riding and they all say the same thing I made a mistake in trusting these bikes.

I have since gone out spent a little bit more and bought two honda bikes.
Great quality and very reliable.
Warning to the wise dont buy x-rage cheap quality and no warranty.

Thank-you every one out at stave lake in setting me straight.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
You buy a knock off, you get a knock off. Save your dollars, my buddy's neighbor bought the Yamaha knock off for his kid, it broke down, and now it sits, because there are NO PARTS. Period. Do yourself a favor and buy something that has some factory support, parts, etc. I've seen this way too many times, people buying the Chinawannabeknockoff bike at a "great price" and paying for it in the end. You want a cheap bike? Check your local ads and such, used bikes can be found on the cheap, and if you look hard enough, you can find one in good shape. I'd rather spend a grand on an old Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki and rebuild it than risk buying something that I can't find parts for. :bang:

Top Bottom