XC 105 or CRF150R?

dgoetz

Nov 12, 2007
Wife needs new bike and right now I don't know if the right bike is out there. She now has a 04 TT125 w/150kit and some suspension mods and I don't want to buy a Frk fork kit and a swing arm kit to get the suspension good enough but I don't want a MX bike for her either. The XC & CRF both have much better susp but the power bands are too radical for her and the very tech riding we do in the mountains of N/W Wyo.
She is only 5'1" and can't ride a std size bike. Is there anything out there for her?

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
get the 150. they have a small seat height that would fit her well, they are strong, she would love it , they are reliable, and i dont think they have a powerband.

Jan 3, 2007
The CRF150R is going to cost more to mantain then the 105. It also costs more. I woul also consider a CRF230F for the fact it is a great bike stock. It is a tad bit heavy but not too bad.

dgoetz

Nov 12, 2007
2 strokes for life said:
The CRF150R is going to cost more to mantain then the 105. It also costs more. I woul also consider a CRF230F for the fact it is a great bike stock. It is a tad bit heavy but not too bad.

Too heavy & too tall

May 10, 2007
i would have to say the 150R. though im biased. it is a great bike. i have had minimal problems w/ it. 2 strokes is right though. it is more expensive to maintain etc but not that bad. it also has that mellow 4t powerband (more then her ttr but less the a 2t)

i ride MX and trails and it has never let me down. only prob is that if she rides real slow i have heard that they overheat (i have never had that prob though)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Get a 105 and a flywheel weight. 150r is a micro f-1 engine. They wear very quickly. I recently rode one and wasnt all that impressed. My wife and I were just at the local KTM dealer last week and he said a few ladies in their group ride 105 xc's, and said most of them were coming off ttr125s.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…