Tacoma750

Oct 6, 2003
Hey guys. I own a 97 xr200 for trails. I want to know if its worth putting an exaust on it? Also where can i find a headlight and all of the stuff for it?my bike never had anylights, so i need the battery and all thx.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Originally posted by Tacoma750
Hey guys. I own a 97 xr200 for trails. I want to know if its worth putting an exaust on it? Also where can i find a headlight and all of the stuff for it?my bike never had anylights, so i need the battery and all thx.

Try doing the cheap stuff first. I'm not sure about the XR200, but if it's like most of the other XR's the breathing can be improved with airbox mods (snorkel removal or take off the air box top). Check the jetting, after the airbox mod you'll most likely be lean and need to richen it. On the '97 XR200 I rode back in '97 it needed to lose a tooth on the front sprocket so you could find and use 6th gear. After doing these things then I'd spend my money on an exhaust if you need more omph.

Edit: Almost forgot about the lights... www.bajadesigns.com Check there, they should have what you need. :thumb:

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
I would do the free stuff and jet it. then the suspension. My 90' xr200 was ok in the engine department and awful in the suspension department.

Top Bottom