franky's xr

Mar 7, 2005
Hi. :blah: I have built an xr600 but fitted an NX650 engine (ie.xr650L). The motor has been taken out to 670cc with a Wiseco piston and a Hotcam is installed. At the moment it still has the stock 600 carb. and exhaust system (with the header welds removed). Here in England we are having some serious problems with land use and rights of way,partly due I'm sure to noise issues. So The bike needs to be quiet!!
My question is...are there any worth while gains from fitting say a Mikuni or Edelbrock pumper carb. and still using a quiet exhaust system (standard or otherwise),and if there are,what set up do you suggest.I've heard these carb's. :coocoo: don't like slow going. The bike will be used in tight woods and also open trails plus the odd enduro,so it needs to be good at everything..Not asking for much then..
Maybe I should just sell it and get a GasGas... :coocoo: Any help would be appreciated with this,there must be someone who has built a similar beast. Thanks. :)

uncle red

Sep 14, 2002
A Big Gun Quiet series exhaust would work great for your bike. It's spark arrested and with the included Vortex tip also extremely quiet. Not sure about the XR600 carb. but the XR650L carb responds well to increased jetting and enlarged air holes in the bottom of the diaphram, along with a free'r flowing air filter. :cool:

Top Bottom