LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
What year is it? I also would like to know what I can do to XR forks. I have a 1995 XR250R. So far the only thing I have done is change the ammount fork oil.

Lee Wilson

honda bob

Jun 1, 2001
well wilson I too have a 1995 XR250R I guess we both wish they were 96's but I love mine anyway. Is your back grounds purple I think mine is not the origonal color because they are purple. well if you know what the alen screw on the bottom of the forks are for please tell me. I think I got the shock under control because I just tightened the shock so I could jump it and now my front seams to set low well any info would be appreciated. thanks:)

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Oh how I do wish for a ’96! I wish I could tell you that the purple was not stock but I’m afraid it is. Ok as far as the Allen screw on the bottom of the forks, well I really have no idea what it is. But I do know that the Philips head screw near the bottom is something better left alone. What ever you do, DO NOT take out the screw! It lets all the fork oil out. I learned this the hard way… I too set the shock stiffer, right now on the soft/hard clicker on the shock it is set 3 clicks from hardest. It’s a little stiff for slow woods riding but I'm used to it. Do you have grease zerks on your shock linkage? Have you done any mods? I have a new exhaust pipe made by Cobra, it’s nice and added a few Hp. I am thinking about getting a SRC 280 kit for my XR, but I’m torn between spending the money on the kit or saving for a new bike.

I have a few photos of my bike, http://briefcase.yahoo.com/lwilson243 you can see them there. I will get some more photos up soon. If you have MSN messenger feel free to pm me anytime. I'm almost always on.

Lee Wilson

nkd

Mar 3, 2000
I have a 95 xr250 also

Hi 1995 owners,

I also have a 95 XR250. It is a great bike but the suspension stinks
especially in the sand. I put a stiffer spring on the rear and 43kg on
the front. The front still is too soft. Now I am going to drain the fork
oil and put in 10 wt and go as high as recommended to get the stiffness
in need for the sand. I also am seriously thinking about getting the SRC
front fork brace, I heard it does wonders. Also just taking the baffle out
of the exhaust gives you a lot more power. I also put a dualsport kit on
mine and it is now street legal. It is a great bike but I too wish I had
a 96. Take care
Nancy:confused:

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Here is what I’m going to do to my XR. First I am going to get rid of the purple, all of it. I will not have anything purple on my bike. I am going to have to custom cut the sheets but that’s not too hard. I’m going to put new tank stickers on and I would like to get some SRC mud skins fork covers. That’s about it.

Things I have done:
New exhaust, Cobra ISDE Pro. It has done wonders for the bike.
I also had the valves checked, no more rattling!
And I put new grips on; Scott Hurricane MX grips.

Things I want to do:
A-Loop MX style gas tank!
SRC 280cc Big Bore kit.
SRC Fork Brace.
High Rev Cam.
Race Tech Gold series fork re-valve.
New pegs.
New bars.
New plastic.

I think I am just going to get a new bike…

Lee Wilson

Kelly

May 29, 2000
Well I only have a 94, but with a 300 kit. I also have a set of 89 CR125 forks mounted up wich work excellent, huge improvement over stock. And they are for sale for $500. They are in excellent shape and were recently proffesionally revalved for woods riding. So if any of you guys are interested in really improving your handling you can mail me at spence@cnx.net.

Kelly

Singularo

Oct 15, 2000
Hi Kelly,

Can I ask how hard it was to get the CR 125 forks onto the XR 250?
Any chance of posting a bit of a howto.
Sorry but i'm in Australia, so I'm not interested in shipping your current forks across :think

TIA

honduki

Feb 15, 2001
I have a '91 XR250 with '91 CR125 forks on it.
These r upside down forks. Mine were set uip for Xr's but we had to get the XR stem pressed into the CR triple clamp. The brake setup fitted straight on.
You can ride alot harder with this suspension upgrade . My only other real mod is FMF megamax and bigger mainjet. I paid $300 kiwi for these forks about 4 yrs ago, thats about $100 us btw
:) I can push the wee Xr pretty hard now, I blew up my gearbox earlier this year!
$500 including new rings and a valvegrind. We also removed the counterbalancer, it revs up well now if yr in the right gear

honda bob

Jun 1, 2001
well I was just wondering does your forks make a quick tire barking sound when you bottom them. mine does I dont think anything is wrong but just wondering. anyway my bike is in stock condition on the web site justxrs.com its under the time line thing. since then I have
1. took my airbox snorkel out
2. put UFO MX fenders on it and
3. set back suspension tighter.

well I have to go now but Ill get back to this later

John K

Feb 22, 2000
If you are talking about the screw in the bottom of the fork let you are probably talking about the compression dampning adjustment. If so it adjusts the amount of dampning the forks have on the down stroke.

If you are talking about a bolt/screw on the side of the fork leg you are probably talking about the drain bolt.

I'm not real familiar with pre 96 xr250 forks though.

Honda Bob: did you mean www.justxr.com

Top Bottom