ditchrider

Jun 20, 2001
Hello fellow thumper riders. Question for the XR folks. Do you have a list or picture of what was carried or packed by the factory in the nice little blue pouch on the back fender. Finally sewed up my busted zipper(Yes I did it all by myself not bad for a 41 year old male eh) he he Just a dig on the women out there. Yes we can do other things then just open a beer and use the remote. Bye for now. Ditchrider cause I can.

Dave'sDRZ

Mar 28, 2000
Mine had a bunch of cheesy tools that I wouldn't want my kids to play with. I carry 8,10,12,14mm wrenches and sockets/stubby 3/8" ratchet; the stock 18mm plug wrench, stock wrench for rear axel with extension handle; 6 in 1 screw driver, medium size vice grips, small vice grips, medium size cresent wrench, and assorted necessities like black tape, spare fasteners, Loctite, safety wire, duct tape wrapped around the wrench handles, spare plugs/fuses, assortment of hose clamps, rag, tire pressure gauge, elect wire, small can of WD40, and a small flashlight. It all fits, just barely. Luckily I have a fender bag to carry my spare tube, 3 tire irons, patch kit, and inflator. I also use a number plate bag (keys, wallet, sunglasses, sunscreen, emergency blanket, matches, candy bars, hat, garage door opener) and usually carry a backpack (first aid kit, food, water, can of fix a flat, jacket, air pump, socks). I tend to like to ride way out in the boonies, so I also have a rack that I can carry an extra can of gas, tent, sleeping bag, ect. Sounds like a bunch of stuff, and it is, but I pack with extra attention to weight and bulk, so it's not too bad. The great part of getting way out there is that you see stuff that nobody else does. My last ride I saw 5 other bikers in 9 days-not counting our group--tooo fun!

ditchrider

Jun 20, 2001
Holy Cow Dave you are one mean pack rat. That's alot of stuff but I guess you've been doing the dirt long enough to figger out what is and what is not eh. Thanks for the list of tools it gives me something to biuld on. Ditchrider cause I can.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
Murphy and TS Garp are cousins. Since you carry all that stuff you will probably never need it, but if you don't you will, thats why I have a huge rubermaid tub full of spare parts I carry to the races and a MSR multitoool I carry in my butt bag along with some small vise grips and also a tow strap.. Bettersafe than sorry :cool:

Top Bottom