SATxMotoX

Sponsoring Member
Feb 6, 2001
Anyone have any idea if 1. I can get a "happy button" for a 2001 XR200, 2. How much?, and 3. How difficult to install?

A friend of mine's wife love's her XR but is tired of trying to kick it over and would like a happy button like the TTR.

Thanks in advance.

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
Theoretically you could go to an E start on the XR2, but it's not easy -- or cheap.

In Japan, they have the XR200 with electric start - it's a dual sport bike called the SL200.

You'd have to purchase the cases, starter, wiring harness & ignition system. The starter is run off the crank, so you'd probably have to get a crank assembly also.

Is it worth it?

If the XR is hard to start, try adjusting the valves. That might do the trick. If it's an easy starter, but just more than she wants to deal with, look for a used Yamaha Serow or XT225. About the same HP, disk brake, and electric start!

BTW, although BBR are the chassis guru's - they don't really like working on engines - especially stock stuff. Don't hound them with questions like this - it's not their specialization.

If you're looking for the guys who know about four stroke engines, check with Powroll, they're the ones who have provided BBR with many of their go-fast engines and parts over the years.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Try BBR

I also recommend trying BBR. They said on their web site that they made an XR400 electric start, so I'm sure they could help, or at least lead you in the right direction. Oh, and the xr400 E-button cost $2000 for parts alone. Just to give you an idea how much it may cost.

Jeremy

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
BBR didn't do the e-start conversion, they did the chassis.

Here's what it says on their site:

This was the brain child of Kevin Becktell and Don from 'Don and
Sparks and Sons Honda Kawasaki.'

Sorry, but it's just not their cup 'o tea.

Top Bottom