AreSTG

Nov 4, 2003
i just bought a 2002 XR200, actually havent even riden ti yet till later this week.

My question is, i was reading over the site and i got on the womens forum and saw that 5'5" women are outgrowing their XR200's-

I'm 18 year old male 5' 11"-6"... like 150 lbs. Is this bike too small or week for me? it felt fine sitting on it, im pretty leggy.

Thanks for any input, and also HI everyone im new to teh forum:)

Daisycutter

Apr 28, 2003
Years ago I had a 1984 XR200. I got it when I was 13.5 years old (after selling a 79 XR80) and was craving more power by the time I was 14.5 years old.

However, my 45 year old dad at the time (12 years ago) loved the bike and for him it provided all the power he desired.

Based on my experience, if you are an aggressive rider you will outgrow it. If you are content with its available power then you won't.

You won't break the XR200 by riding it hard, they're built like an anvil. You aren't "too big" for it either. If you did have the skill to ride the XR200 to "death" than you wouldn't need to ask IMO.

There's a kid that rides a newer XR200 at the local track, I have a hard time passing him safely on either my CR250 or CR500. That kid is more brave than I am. Bubba's 2nd cousin on a XR200 ;)

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
It's kind of hard to be to big for a XR200 but it can be done. Yes the bike is probably to weak for you but the XR's are built for power. They are play bikes that were supposed to be trail bikes. I heard of 12 year olds on them and 50 year olds on them. Sitting on a bike is a poor measurment. It depends what you ride(trails, track, flat track) and how you ride the bike. The suspension is very mushy on this bike so its mostly a play/dual sport bike. Tell us what you ride and if you would consider a new bike. You may want something different if you ride seriously or compete.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
VERY INTERESTING QUESTION!
A very good freind of mine who has ridden THOUSANDS of trail miles, is a past Michigan Enduro State Champ contender and is still VERY fast in the woods got "stuck" with an XR200R for his "trail bike" this year. I have been followed Randy on this little bike with my KX500 now on several fast paced cross county rides and I wikk tell you, HE SCREAMS thru the tight stuff on that thing!! I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE!!
Yea, dont knock it till you try it!!
Woodsy

Top Bottom