NewfieBullet

Jan 31, 2002
I'm sure this question has been asked 1000 times, but in that case once more won't hurt.

I'm getting back into bikes after a few years of quads, and I've been thinking about a used late model XR250 or tt-R250. I'll be using it for trails, dirt roads, a bit of pit riding, no racing, just play.

My other question is about a dual purpose bike. I know they haven't changed alot since I last had one, but I'm wondering if a late model XT250 or 350 would be much fun off road, or would I find the weight too much of a problem. I wouldn't mind putting on a knobby, but it sure would be nice to have a street legal toy.

Thanks for your opinions!

cmott

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2001
I can only give you an insight on the XT350. It's not a bad bike for what it was made for. I have alot of fun on it, I bought it becasue I didnt have a truck to haul my bike around. I have a full knobby on the rear that is still street legal (DOT Approved). It has enough power to climb some fairly steep hills. I geared mine down a bit and it will still do 80mph. I ride mostly dirt roads, trails and a little street. I do ride it to work in the summer. With thicker fork oil it does much better on hard hits. I would try to stay away from the XT/TT-R225, low on power and not well suspended. If I got a chance to buy another bike, it would most likely be a KLX300. You can always buy a TT-R or XR and make it street legal.

jdiaz

Oct 30, 2000
I ride my wife's TTR250 whenever I get the chance. Its not too fast and a bit heavy, but the suspension and brakes work well, it never needs any work, and runs forever on a tank of gas. And the button is great.

Jon
2000 DRZ400E

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
maybe pm TTRGuy, heck- he owns one. Just so many forums, threads that not every member gets to view them all.

I haven't ridden one (TTR 250), but did meet a guy on the trail a year or two ago who loved his. He was back in the sport after several years off & said it had plenyt of power, good suspension for him. Plus the e-start is a huge plus.

Top Bottom