MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
OK. I received a heavier spring for my XR50 shock. Ran into a little bit a trouble removing the top eyelet. My instructions said I may not have to heat the eyelet. So I didn't and proceeded to strip the 14mm bolt on the shaft. I then heated the eyelet, wrapped the shaft with a rag, grabbed it with pliers and unscrewed the eyelet. Now the shaft is slightly scarred where I grabbed it with the pliers. The scars are where the bumper pad would normally ride. I've sanded them smooth with very fine grit paper. Will this be a problem? Are these shocks oil filled? What generates the dampening? Secondly, my bumper pad is toast from being bottomed out repeatedly. Honda doesn't sell one seperate. Any suggestions on an aftermarket shock bumper pad? Thanks in advance.

fiveo

Jun 10, 2002
sounds like you should get on ebay buy a new shock and try again from scratch or wait and i might be getting a I-SHOCK this week... my applied spring is already on the shock with 3 months of use........

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I have the stock shock off my '03 if you need a cheap replacement.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'll take 10 bucks plus 5 for shipping. It's off an '03 that has only been ridden by an old man on Sundays.

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
JP,
You've got a deal. If you'd like, please shoot me a private message with info on where to mail a check.

Thanks,

MXTex

Top Bottom