xr600r

Apr 15, 2001
i put stiffer fork springs in my xr and they are still a little soft.
i want to cheat and add extra fork oil to stiffen them up a little
more, how many cc's of oil should i add to each leg to do this ?

XR600rider

Oct 22, 2000
XR600R, Just fill them to the top and then add the 15 psi max to the schrader valve that should do it!:eek: JUST KIDDEN YA! If you have to go to high with the oil you should look to the rest of your fork to find out what the problem is. make sure your springs are in the ballpark for your weight and abilities,don't forget to use the compression adjustment and as a last resort try different valving. last spring I put springs,gold valves and a fork brace on all at the same time and it made a HUGE difference in the forks but I didn't put one part on at a time so I don't know what did what but I can tell you it rides a lot better through the whoops but that lazy boy plush ride is almost gone.:think

xr600r

Apr 15, 2001
xr600rider, you must think i is really stupid. ;)
even i am smart enough to know that if i fill the forks with oil, there wont be
any room left for the 15 lbs. of air !!!!!! :confused:

XR600rider

Oct 22, 2000
Fifteen pounds of air does indeeed weigh fifteen pounds, fifteen pounds of air pressure to the couple of cubic inches of air space in the forks does not add any noticable weight.

XR600rider

Oct 22, 2000
Yea, but isn't it fun :) HEY wait a minute... hot air is less dense than cold air there could be some weight savings to be had:confused:

Last edited:

Top Bottom