Xt600???

jaybob

Nov 15, 2001
Can anyone give me any opinions on the '90's xt600's? I may have loacated a good deal on one but I am curious if anyone owns one and can tell me what they think of them.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i have an 86 and the only difference i can tell is the color of the frame and i believe yours has electric starting. i can tell you that it will go off road but it is no xr600. its great for cruising jeep trails and stuff like that. single track is doable if there is little sand. these bikes are heavy. dont even think about getting air between those tires and the ground. i did it once and the suspension bottomed so hard the bars turned in their mounts. it was a 4 ft drop. i am used to my mx so it was partly my fault. i use mine in town as a commuter. fun to wheelie. it will cruise highway speeds 70mph all day as long as there is no headwind. ive had mine in the rockys of colorado but like i said it doesnt like typical single track stuff unless its MTB groomed. i used to take mine when we took the kids trailriding when they were younger. come to think of it that will tell you all you need to know about what kind of terrain an xt 600 likes. if a kid on a xr 100 can make it so can the xt. ive riddent the xt 350 and it is much more off road but only surface street capable...no highway stuff.

riche

Oct 13, 2002
All I can say is back in 1989 I walked into the Fourseasons military store in the Philippines [Clark AB]. There sat a Yamaha Radian 600 and a XT-600. Both were around the same price as I can recall $3500. I had the money in my savings account and walked out with the Radian. Wish like hell I could turn back the clock and bought the XT. Just sold the Radian for 1600 and it looked like the day I bought it. Only 2000 miles on it. I never liked street bike riding for some reason. I know I would have rode the crap out of that XT.
Buy the XT and tell me how great it is so I can really feel like that was one of the most stupid decisions a 20 year old could do with 3500. If I find a good deal on one in my parts I'm jumping on it. Rich

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…