MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
My summer is gone but my bike is back in action. I got charged $100 for the mechanic to put in new silencer packing though, he said it fired right up when they kicked it over. Now, would I get any good trade in at a dealer because the bike market in ohio isn't very good right now? YA, its back! :)

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
MoO_coW,
100 buck to repack the silencer? Dude you can do it yourself in about twenty minutes ... the packing material cost is $5 - $25 bucks depending on the brand. Heck, the next time you need to repack it, I'll send you the stuff FREE!

Glad to hear that it is finally back together, enjoy it.

Ivan has given some very good ways to find out the actual and fair market values of the bike for your area.

wrench

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
I know, I had just replaced the packing when I did the top end so it had 0 rides on it and he still said he had to repack it. He said it fired right up for him without doing anything to it....just my luck.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Moo, you are not the only one with a lack of riding. The heat here has causd horrible riding conditions. I have not ridden in a month. Now, it is cool and it rained and they groomed the track, but guess what, for a variety of reasons beyond my control, I cannot ride for another 2 weeks. Looks likw I will get my riding kicks this fall/winter!
Now, you must sell the bike before your bad luck causes something else to break on you!!!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Tdoorn199 said:
Ya, i live in wisconsin where i cant ride for 7 months straight in the winter. Its killing me.
aside from this being a 9 year old thread you dug up :)
Why are you limited to 5 months riding just because you live in Wisconsin. I live here also and we were riding in March and last rode a track in early December. Now my son discovered ICE riding (and we do have plenty of that for 4 months) so the next year should be 12 months of riding

Tdoorn199

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 7, 2010
oldguy said:
aside from this being a 9 year old thread you dug up :)
Why are you limited to 5 months riding just because you live in Wisconsin. I live here also and we were riding in March and last rode a track in early December. Now my son discovered ICE riding (and we do have plenty of that for 4 months) so the next year should be 12 months of riding
I may have overexagerated a little but my bike is jetted way off for wisconson winters. Im getting a new kit in like two days. Do you stud your tires?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Tdoorn199 said:
I may have overexagerated a little but my bike is jetted way off for wisconson winters. Im getting a new kit in like two days. Do you stud your tires?
Next year I plan to have at least one of our bikes set up with studded tires right now he is using a friends bike to learn and get ready for the Steelshoe 3 hour race on February 21

Tdoorn199

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 7, 2010
oldguy said:
Next year I plan to have at least one of our bikes set up with studded tires right now he is using a friends bike to learn and get ready for the Steelshoe 3 hour race on February 21
Yah studs are expensive, where is the race at?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
LOL, you guys responded to a 9 year old thread :)

Tdoorn199

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 7, 2010
oldguy said:
You have the sandbox right in your backyard.
My son wishes he could break away from college for a day or 2 up there this time of year
Ya, im only about 15 minutes from it, ive never rode there yet cause im working on my carb and its $50 for a day, but ive gone and watched people ride. It is very nice.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
All the old threads should be revived! For under 50 bucks in sheet metal screws, and about 5 hours of tedious work, it can be done cheep. And I have seen used pre-studded tires cheap, what else are they going to use them for? You live close to the sand box, unbelievably lucky! Vintage Bob

Top Bottom