woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Back in the late 60's/real early 70's a friend had a Yamaha 125 (it may have been a 100 but I dont think so) twin with high chrome pipes on it. It was Blue in color.
Does anyone recall the model # of this particular scoot and maybe even a websight where I could get a peak at one??
Thanks a GIZILLION!
Woodsy

CanAm1

May 16, 2002
There where what Yamaha called scrambler HS90 a LS100 and a 125 with high pipes.Cool bikes nice thing about the 70 models are they are the same stroke you can take the top end off a 200cc and put it on a 125,100,90 I have alot of 125,200 bikes and parts thats for sale but none of the high pipe stuff they are like gold.Bridgestone made a 175 twin that was race only Buzz Walnek had 2 of these bikes they ran like a bizerk windmill.There is a Yamaha RD website there is a British rag out there that covers alot of the vintage bike have fun

grass-digger

Oct 21, 2001
i have a yamaha 100 twin 2 stroke street bike with nice crome pipes going underneith the engin not over but those bikes were lots of fun still have it in the shed its had its better day it was my firts bike and i went off road with it at 8 years old a bike that was capable of doing 80mph was not a good thing!!!!!!!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Thank you gentlemen!
Woodsy

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
I have an old hard cover book thats a lot like a magzine. I think its called the motor cycle sport book. It's late 60's, and it has a great article on building up the motor on those 100cc Yamaha twins. Awesome book, all kinds of cool articles in there, as well as pictures and descriptions of almost all motorcycles, road and dirt, made that year.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
ATC: Could you look and see if your book has pics of the model I am inquiring about? It was a 125 twin with chrome high pipes (one on each side). I have yet to find any info any where on this scooter (as far as pics - specs)! If your book shows this could you PLEASE pass on author/title/publisher?
Thanks again for allthe help folk!
Woodsy

mrtwinpipe

Jan 10, 2003
I have a magazine with an article on how to set one up for desert racing.it's a march 67 cycleworld the bike is a twinjet 100.it almost make me want one for ahrma racing premier lightweight? I suppose I could get it copied if you want the article

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
woodsy... what do you mean by high pipes... the one I'm looking at has two upswept pipes that go over the cases, one on each side. I'll have to write down the author and stuff of the book for you. Sorry 'bout the length of time for this reply, had to dig the book out.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
ATC: Not a problem about the time issue - just really appreciate the info! You are looking at the correct bike - the pipes come out and over the cases along the side of the bike. The author/title would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks
Woodsy

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Hey MRTwinpipe, this wouldn't be the fast AHRMA guy on twinpipe CZ's from Minn. would it??
If it is get a hold of me, (PM email call or put your day number in here, and I'll give you a call. Look at my sig line, ...KX450's..... know anybody that rides them :laugh: :laugh: :thumb:

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Boy, that bike brings back memories.

I had the Yamaha 125cc twin/two stroke road bike. I think it was a 1969 model. Went over the handlebars at about 60mph when the front fender came loose and locked up the front wheel.

Knocked me out. It didn't hurt, though. I still don't remember it.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
One of the few things I remember from the '70s is Tony Winn riding a 100 twin in an indoor motocross in the Jackson (Miss) Coliseum circa 1974. Shrieked like a banshee!! (the ghost, not the quad!!) Unearthly, the sound. I still get chills. Brrrrr!!!!!!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I hear that ATC, goals and objectives!
Thanks
Woodsy

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Yeah... rough week... goals for this week are... replace bent lower control arm, spindle, rim, and align front end on car. CURBS BAD!!!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yea, aint it funny how the "goals" can change a the drop of a hat. My daughter totaled out my wifes car yesterday - I guess you know ol Woodsy's goals for the week went down the drain!
Woodsy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom