Yamaha 250 4 stroke, what model & year?

Gh0st

Aug 18, 2007
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I ride a 98 VFR800 on the street, but I was just given this bike by my old roommate who didn't have space for it. I don't know much about it, other than that it's a Yamaha 4 stroke 250 enduro bike, kick start with a single shock swingarm, the shock itself is located under the seat/tank. The VIN on the frame states 3Y0-003375. I'm suspecting that it's an early 80's bike, maybe an '83 judging by the VIN. Can anyone tell me wht this is? Is it worth restoring to driveable status? I just want an enduro bike that I can have some fun with on the trails, nothing fancy. The bike needs sprockets/chain, the speedo face needs new glass (I can probably make one from lexan) and it most likely needs to have the carb/tank cleaned since it sat for a few years.
I would appreciate any help in identifying this bike. From searching the web it may be an XT250, but I'm not sure. The bike has very little rust other than exhaust, the shocks are a little weak too.

How can I post pics of the bike? The site is not letting me link the pics from my Photobucket album.

Thanks,
Jacek

Jan 3, 2007
I can not seem to find a VIN number that matches a bike with your discrition. I will narrow it down. 1980 to 1983 XT or TT 250. What colur is it? I think it would be worth the money to fix it.

Gh0st

Aug 18, 2007
It's white. I looked some more on the web and it might be a TT250 - it only has the speedo, where it looks like the XT had speedo/tach. Plus my bike does not have turnsignals/mirrors and it looks like it never had them to start with. To see pics of the bike, you can go to photobucket and search for user jacekp then go to the "dirtbike" album. If you look at evilbay item# 190140606750 that is exactly what my bike looks like minus the headlight fairing.

Thanks for the reply,
Jacek

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom