Logan Fenn

Oct 22, 2014
I recently Bought a old 1979 Yamaha DT125 Enduro from a yard sale. It supposedly still ran in the early 2000s, It looks like its seen better days and was quite rusty and dirty. The problem is it WILL NOT SPARK. I've tried everything. I've replaced the ignition coil, I've Taken apart the magento cleaned it and scrubbed and cleaned any wire connections i could find were related to the Coil. I put a light bulb tester in line with the coil and it is getting some current every time I Crank the engine. I've completely run out of ideas and need some help.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Spark Plug cap and wire ??

Logan Fenn

Oct 22, 2014
Checked the Cap it was faulty so i took it off. Grabbed the wire and the engine and got shocked but still no spark my multimeter says the spark wire is about 30-40 volts. also took out the points and cleaned them and reset the point gap.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
if you got shocked then there is a final voltage but not enough to create spark. If the system depends on the battery then make sure there is plenty voltage (6 or 12 volts) while kicking it over. Other than that it would be a partially burned out stator coil or high voltage coil.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom